Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A quick thank you...

• 27-06-2006 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

My year as Mayor finishes tomorrow, and I'm doing up a run-down on the year for my website and for a speech tomorrow.

I wanted to post a quick thank-you here to the community on this North West board. As has been said in other threads, this board is going great. I've found it very valuable for bringing new issues in the town to light. While it's technically a forum for all the North West, the people of Donegal have clearly made it home.

I can't remember how I found this forum, but I was struck straight away by the quality of the debate and discussion. I've come in for some stick by times, but I've also been able to answer it (as best I can). That makes a huge difference to the usual way councillors and local communities interact, mainly through the press.

I hope my presence here has been some help, and I've been able to make something of a contribution. While my term as Mayor is now (almost) over, I'll still be on the town council for another three years, and I'll still be hanging around the board here. If I can help anyone with anything related to the council, send me a PM (or get my contact details on damienblake.com)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Damien, a pleasure having you here. As i said in another thread its a pity that more of your colleauges wouldn't post here.

Your input to the forum is greatly appreciated. You will get the odd bit of stick - it goes with the job - but a lot of comments are tongue in cheek so nothing to worry about.

Keep posting and enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Here Here!!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Damien,

A quick motion for the next council meeting. Councillors to get with it and register on this forum.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

As muffler said.

I hope you'll still be sticking around this forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Damien,

As someone who is not a member of any political party, I was surprised and very pleased when I realised you were involved in politic's, how refreshing :) .

I still have no idea which party you are a member of, but your input here is appreciated.

The Politics forum I avoid, and I have too agree with muffler's comment that " It's a pity that more of your colleague's wouldn't post here ".

I think your contribution's to date have probably set an enlightened precedent, which hopefully have given a positive lead to other politician's of all persuasion's based here in the North-West.

Keep up your good work.

Paddy. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 The bones

Damien - impressed with the quality of your contributions, and with vision and standards you (and the council) want to see for LK's development. It was a lack of such standards that left us with a pretty poorly developed town in the first place but I think things are getting better all the time with a better calibre of people slowing coming on board at council level.

Getting stick is a natural part of the game and the best politicians never take it personally.

Advertisement