Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazil v Ghana

• 27-06-2006 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Ronaldo just beat Gerd Muller records

1-0 to Brazil

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

An excellent goal by Ronaldo, calmness personified on that finish.
    A great pass by Kaka too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Quball15

Great composure by Ronaldo...anyone hear the Brazilian fans chanting Ronaldos name...funny just a week ago everyone calling for his blood. He's a legend, even if he did eat all the pies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Trademark finish. Nobody rounds a keeper like Ronaldo!

Edit: as just shown there by Adriano

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

great goal to break the record with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Ha ha, go on ya fat shít!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Adrino just showed how not to do a Ronaldo, lose control of the ball and then jump to the ground.

Ronaldo is a legend, the English Press pick on him alot but for been so fat and lazy he has scored more than any of the English strikers have in this WC:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Excellent vision by the ref to give that yellow card IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lol, the funniest thing about it was he goes down and then the head turns to the ref as if to say.."how was my acting?" !!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ponster wrote:
    Excellent vision by the ref to give that yellow card IMHO.

That's the difference a good ref can make. I was a near identical incident to the one that saw Italy given a penalty yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ronaldo for top goal scorer......

• Advertisement

That's the difference a good ref can make. I was a near identical incident to the one that saw Italy given a penalty yesterday.

Well you could argue in the Italy game that he did fall over the aussie player and thus was fouled, but the goalie didnt seem to make contact with Adriano and he did a leap into swan lake which I just thought was funny. But yep, ref was absolutely right to book him for it.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ghana are taking it to Brazil now, but theres no end result as yet, a good couple of chances.

They sure are finding HUGE holes in the Brazilian defense....

And that IMHO was a yellow card that wasn't deserved. No intention nor malice shown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

BaZmO* wrote:
    Ronaldo for top goal scorer......

Klose ftwboy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Klose ftwboy!
    I'm sure that has to be said in a strong Cork accent to get the full affect! ;)

BaZmO* wrote:
    I'm sure that has to be said in a strong Cork accent to get the full affect! ;)

Lol!!

That was a great chance for Ghana. Dida didnt know much about it, but still 1-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Brasil skating on thin ice at the moment, fair play to Ghana making a real go of it.

• Advertisement

2 - 0 Brasil !!

2-0

Just when they seem to be under pressure...team of destiny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

2-0 now. Big lump the lesser.

Brazil don't look like the can defend for love or money but it doesn't matter in a game like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

"two to nothing Brazil" :( in a flash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Brazil are lucky gits, 2nd goal definitely offside. And adriano started from an offside position and was offside all the way til the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,349 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Brazil are lucky gits, 2nd goal definitely offside. And adriano started from an offside position and was offside all the way til the goal.

Yip should have been flagged the minute the ball was played wide ,how he isnt interfering with play is ridiculous.

2-0 Brazil.

2nd goal shouldnt have stood, but its all about taking your chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

The RTE commentators are so pathetic... Offside indeed at 2nd goal.

• Advertisement

Duras wrote:
    The RTE commentators are so pathetic... Offside indeed at 2nd goal.

Ive been impressed with the RTE guys, havent watched BBC or UTV since the first few opening games

3 - 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

3-0

3-0, Ghana down to 10 men as well,

So easy for Brazil.

Big Nelly wrote:
    Ive been impressed with the RTE guys, havent watched BBC or UTV since the first few opening games

I got so pissed off on them when they claimed that Adriano goal was an own-goal, they also noticed that Adriano scored from offside but they didn't notice the penalty.
    Also they keep claiming that Brasil is not impressive at all. And what the hack, is 3-0 vs Ghana. Their England will be kicked by Ghana is no time!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Duras wrote:
    Also they keep claiming that Brasil is not impressive at all. And what the hack, is 3-0 vs Ghana. Their England will be kicked by Ghana is no time!!

Yes it's plain RTE are very pro-England and of course Brasil are playing the best football we have ever seen. Wait a minute I think I see a pig up there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Whats up with offsides?

Cafu offside and Ganha DF kicks theball at the lino to protest :confused:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

KdjaC wrote:
    Whats up with offsides?

Cafu offside and Ganha DF kicks theball at the lino to protest :confused:

kdjac
    i think he tried to hit the linesman with the ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

lino =linesman :o

kdjac

musician wrote:
    Yes it's plain RTE are very pro-England and of course Brasil are playing the best football we have ever seen. Wait a minute I think I see a pig up there.

3 great goal oportunities in the last 10 minutes?? Well England has a great goal oportunity oncer every second... or is it once every game?

3-0 final score.

Brazil still untested.
    Ronaldo hits record goal.
    Score could have been higher in the end.
    Ghana down to 10 men.
    Ghana miss plenty of chances.

I leave out anything?

• Advertisement

Brazil just strolled through, Ghana lost the plot imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Mossin wrote:
    3-0 final score.

Brazil still untested.
    Ronaldo hits record goal.
    Score could have been higher in the end.
    Ghana down to 10 men.
    Ghana miss plenty of chances.

I leave out anything?

Ghana provide more evidence to the theory that playing the offside-trap 15 yards inside your own half against Brazil probably isn't a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Pigman II wrote:
    Ghana provide more evidence to the theory that playing the offside-trap 15 yards inside your own half against Brazil probably isn't a good idea.
    Tactically they were poor. They'll have learned a lot from this world cup and be able to apply their experiences better in the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

If Ghana had been more clinical in front of goal...they had so many good opportunities, if you don't take them, you never win, it'll be interesting to see how Brazil respond against a more clinical side because so far - defensively - they haven't been tested (Australia, Japan, Ghana, Croatia)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ronaldo comes good, shock shock shock!!

:)

My bets of Ronaldo top scorer with Brazil winning, and Kaka player of the tournament are looking good so far.

PHB wrote:
    Ronaldo comes good, shock shock shock!!

:)

My bets of Ronaldo top scorer with Brazil winning, and Kaka player of the tournament are looking good so far.
    Good bets man! Hope you are right! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I said @ the very beginning that Brazil will win the world cup and Ronaldo will be top scorer. All my friends laughed @ me. They may still laugh @ me but i don't think so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Brazil 3-0 Ghana

Brazil show yet again how to make the opposition look very ordinary. Once again, their magic skills come to the fore.

In the match against Japan I wrote this about Ronaldo:
    redspider wrote:
    Ronaldo still has the quickness of feet (and mind) and the skill to curl a shot around the defender and the goalie to score. He doesnt need to run past people or defend or be industrious - or even jog! He walks most of the game and then runs for about 10m. His mind is sharp and that is important.

And thats all he needed to be a threat yesterday against Ghana and score. It was a well finished goal. Adriano showed some minutes later how not to do it. He made amends later in a goal that looked offside, although technically you could say that it came off the defender. But going forward he was much less of a threat than Ronaldo.

People have been saying that Brazil will be found out against tougher opposition. Ghana were a sterner test but they made them look very ordinary and weak and they exploited the weaknesses. If anything, Ghana were found out.

Brazil may not be a perfect football team, indeed none are, but they are good. And given that Argentina look like the main opposition, a Brazil v Argentina final is on the cards. Brazil have been known to raise their game against their 'auld enemy', and vice versa. I would really look forward to that match as a final. A fitting tie. I hope it wouldnt get marred by fouling, emotion and red-cards though!
    Mossin wrote:
    Brazil still untested. Ghana miss plenty of chances. I leave out anything?

Yes, Brazil still dangerous and are world cup contenders.

redspider

Advertisement