Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ingredients but no idea

• 27-06-2006 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

I have some beef steak and bean sprouts to use up. so im thinking some sort of chinese / thai dish. but all I have for a sauce is fish sauce, does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Fish sauce is way too salty to use on its own.

I usually use oyster sauce and soy sauce but if you got nothing in the press try using chicken stock and lemon juice with a little fish sauce and chili.

You can marinate the beef in lemon juice too for about 20 minutes - lemon beef is yum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

The term "beef steak" is an extremely broad one that flits from leather to the sublime. What kind of cut and quality is the beef?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Steak is sirlion.

Spastafarian, taken your advice and added some sweat chilli sauce. we will see what comes of it :)

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I rarely go for for sirloin but recently my butcher said he had some that was great and had been hung a long time. It was so good! An un-hung sirloin from a cellophane tray in Centra on the other hand.....:rolleyes:

How did it turn out for you?

Advertisement