Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

question

• 27-06-2006 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭

heres the ques:
    i have a dvd of a hurling match(colleges match no commentry and im just wonderin how i could get commentry onto this???

i have a dvd recorder but can't find anywhere to put a mic and it says nothing about adding sound in the manual so i'd say thats a no no

all suggestions welcomed..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

You'd have to transfer it to a pc and ass the commentry later! It'd be a fairly big job. Another way, but not easier, would be to play it from one dvd player, run it through a mixer onto another DVD recorder, and do the commentary live. Your easiest way would be to get some editing software, get the dvd onto the computer and then add the commentary.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

what is a mixer and how much would it set me back???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

A lot, it combines various audio sources into one stream, you could get one for a couple of hundred I'm sure. But it's still expensive.

Easiest way is to do it on a PC. Have you got any PC/Editing/Sound Recording Skills?

John

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

if this is just a one off you can get a free 30day trial of some video editing software. What you could do is record the commentary as a series of audio files on your PC. Then head over to adobe.com and download premiere pro 2. This is a full 30 day tryout of highly professional software. Then all you need to do is import your video and audio files into the software and drag and drop then into the time line. You can add all sorts of other special effects too if your feeling creative. Of course you'll then need to export your finished product to DVD which may be difficult if your PC doesn't have a DVD burner but I'm sure you'll know someone with one. Good luck

EDIT:
    Alternatively you could use your PC as the mixer if it has a video out and a audio out. Get a svideo scart adapter for the PC to connect the svideo of your PC (if you have one) and the line out to your DVD burner. Then you can try to record the commentary live. This may take a bit of fiddling about with sound and video settings but nothing too panfull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

lads thanks a lot. i have windows movie maker - so i'll try and fiddle around with that when i get a chance at the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

your pc sound card should have some sort of recording software. Play the video and commentate / record as you're watching it. Movie maker isn't a great piece of software for creating a 70 minute movie (tends to crash alot when doing anything big) - download a free trial of adobe premiere elements or pinnacle.
    Then add your recorded audio track to the timeline

Advertisement