Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - Swords - 24Mb rollout ?

• 27-06-2006 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

A neighbour of mine who works for Eircom tells me that the Swords exchange is in the process of being upgraded to offer up to 24Mb broadband!
    Anyone know anymore on this ? I live within a kilometer of the Swords exchange so this bodes well for me.
    Will this be a free upgrade like previous ones do you think ?

ZEN

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Being capable of offering and Offering and 2 different things

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

adsl 2 could improve their pass rate even with no speed upgrades :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

doubt it, and even if it is true that eircom are rolling on 24mbit, they'll charge for it, it certainly won't be a free upgrade.

sure aren't magnet or someone charging 249 euros for 24mbit broadband. we all know if eircom was smart they'd go on a decent price maybe like 100 euros, but it is eircom afterall so i wouldn't be surprised if it was 300 euros.

there's also the factor of can their exchanges handle it... probably not. it is eircom after all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

You mean the tech they announced in September 2004 and have yet to roll out? They must have finally gotten a cheap deal for the gear on EBay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Smart had really want to start taking advantage of technological advantages they have over other ISPs while they can.

• Advertisement
Advertisement