Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has this been a poor World Cup?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

bbop wrote:
    the only players who i have been anway overly impressed with are Riquelme, Christiano Ronaldoe and Lahm.

Are you going mad? Ronaldo has been poor to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

redspider wrote:

I did a quick scan on youtube but didnt see it but maybe its there or somewhere else. Its a goal that must be loaded up by now.

redspider

soccer video forum on soccerpulse.com. Best footie site around by some distance. They have just about everything and if not u can request it. You have to register first to gain access though. I'm sure I have that Cannigia goal somewhere.

redspider was right, it had to be done

maradona/cannigia v brazil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,349 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

kinaldo wrote:
    redspider was right, it had to be done

maradona/cannigia v brazil
    Great goal but if my memory serves me it was a terrible match and Brazil should have won it .

Great goal but if my memory serves me it was a terrible match and Brazil should have won it .

Yeah Argentina were pretty terrible all the way through Italia '90. They only got to the final by finishing as the best placed 3rd in their group (behind Cameroon and Romania) then kicking and cheating their way to penalties against Yugoslavia and Italy. Nearly half the team was suspended for the final against Germany where they got another 2 players sent off by playing for penalties again. The goal against Brazil is probably the only good memory of that Argentina team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭bbop

i dont know why u would have a question mark beside Gerrard he is easily in the top tier of players in the world, i would have a question mark beside Totti a player who constantly underpreforms on the big stage. I would probably include Deco and Robinho in that list aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

bbop wrote:
    i would have a question mark beside Totti a player who constantly underpreforms on the big stage.

Stepped up last Monday though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

He was one of the best players at Euro 2000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

bbop wrote:
    i dont know why u would have a question mark beside Gerrard he is easily in the top tier of players in the world

I agree, I would regard him in the top tier. I put a question mark a) because be has never really done it at international level, at all and b) because I thought it would be a bit more controversial around here than it seems to be, given the attitude to the English team.

As for Totti, he has been out of form this World Cup, but I don't think it's fair to say he doesn't do it on the biggest stage. He sometimes does. And he's occasionally immense in Serie A. I think the criticism of not doing it when it counts could be levelled at nearly all of the players.

• Advertisement
Advertisement