Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaultier vs Burberry

• 27-06-2006 6:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

I have a date tonight and was wondering which fragnance to wear - Male by Gaultier or Brit by Burberry. Ladies?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Neither..both are not particulary nice..get yourself some Paco Rabanne the original and best ;)

B0006V6HWI.01-A2HLK9C2IWJJB7._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

No no no from a girls perspective GET THIS http://www.fragrancenet.com/f/net/mf_items.html?cat=01475&cur_letter=l&item_type=&gender=M&gs_gen=m

SERIOUSLY :cool:

Guess it's too late now but for tonight go with Male

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I'd definetly say male, it's way nicer and alot more subtle wiht Brit it's a lot stronger and over powering.

At the end of the day it's personnel preference.

As an ice breaker (even though it's too late tonight), you could bring the two with you and make a joke that you really wanted to smell your best and ask your date to deciede...
    if you pull it off, I'd say it'd work really well (apart frm having to carry around two bottle of aftershave).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

ThrownAway wrote:
    No no no from a girls perspective GET THIS http://www.fragrancenet.com/f/net/mf_items.html?cat=01475&cur_letter=l&item_type=&gender=M&gs_gen=m

I got that.. I was gonna suggest it.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

ThrownAway wrote:

:D

I have that.

It's teh secks.

This response is too late. I'd go with Gaultier anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

I'd go an but some Davidoff - Cool Water if I were you...much nicer then all the above...and it's name is similar to Davidhoff which makes it extra cool!!!

Fusion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

If you really want something that's nice and more natural and not your typical Boots over the counter stuff, then try Divine's L'homme de cœur

The women love it, trust me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Male is one of my absolute favourites. I love it on my bf.

L'eau D'Issey is particularly nice stuff indeed.

My other favourites would be Hugo by Hugo Boss

sm_HUGO_M.JPG

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

ThrownAway wrote:

Yeah I thougth that too till I got my better half a bottle for xmas and he hates it.. Bottle is still full.. He used it by mistake last week going out and he was practically heaving for the night :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Le male

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thanks everyone. I posted just before I went at 8 and so used Brit instead of Male, hadn't received any replies at the time.
    Date was a success but she didn't say anything about the fragnance and I didn't bring it up.
    Will try Male for the next date and see if she brings it up. Will report back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Burberry Brit Black is prolly my fav aftershave. Ran outta my bottle so I have to buy a new one now :(

Though whoever mentioned Paco Rabonne is a smart man. Lovely fragrance.

Advertisement