Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning around shower

Options
  • 27-06-2006 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Any ideas on what to use to clean around old shower doors and tiles. Looks like mildew but cant remove it with usual cleaning stuff (jif..cif). Any handy ideas would be great
    Tks All

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

nosmo-king wrote:
    Any ideas on what to use to clean around old shower doors and tiles. Looks like mildew but cant remove it with usual cleaning stuff (jif..cif). Any handy ideas would be great
    Tks All

Cilit Bang (spelling??)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I use neat "W5" Limescale remover from Lidl, great stuff and cheap!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

Dettox mould and mildew remover! You just spray it on leave it for a while and come back and wipe and give it a little scrub(it says wipe) and it's gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I used an acidic cleaner called Santrax. Works a treat. If you use it be sure to wear gloves and don't put it anywhere near stainless steel. Most hardware stores sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭nosmo-king

tks for all the info folks , I did a mixture and all worked well
    tks again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

or white vinegar neat, leave for 20 mins then attack with toothbrush

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

crosstownk wrote:
    I used an acidic cleaner called Santrax. Works a treat. If you use it be sure to wear gloves and don't put it anywhere near stainless steel. Most hardware stores sell it.

Tis great stuff, but not too sure if I'd use it for domestic cleaning jobs. If you do be sure to follow the directions & rinse well afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Dettol Mould and Mildew remover.
    Spray it on and the black stuff just disappears after a few minutes. (Some difficult areas may require a second treatment. Always read the label. SC Johnson - A Family Company)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Enjoy Parazone responsibly. :D

Advertisement