Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I need a new wallet....

• 27-06-2006 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

And am having extreme difficulty finding anything I'd want here in Cork. I'd like something relatively simply in leather with space for a lot of credit/debit/business cards. My present wallet has reached the end of it's usefulness... :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

If your a girly type New Look in the Ballincollig Shopping Center have lovely ones on sale for about €4 . I brought one and it just the right size for cards, change and money.
    I'd try Roches Stores or Dunnes for a guys wallet. Got one for my boyeen in Roches in January (nice leather one for about €15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Am also open to online suggestions btw. ;)

I'll take a look in Roches tho, thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Try a car Dealership. The BMW ones we sell are perfectly suited to notes, cards and business cards. They're not cheap though :( I'm sure other franchises do something similar.

Of course, there's instructions online for making your own wallet from Duct Tape!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

house of fraser were doing really nice wallets for about €40 so if your up in dublin...thats my advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

you right there,got my brother a lovely one there and their not too expensive.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

40 eurobucks for a wallet... ahahahah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

40 eurobucks for a wallet... ahahahah
    was thinking the same thing, my current wallet doesn't even see that amount, nevermind the actual thing costing that much.

Having a cheap wallet is similar to only having a cheap watch. Both stand out for the wrong reasons when you've a good suit on. :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

How about one of these? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

nesf wrote:
    Having a cheap wallet is similar to only having a cheap watch. Both stand out for the wrong reasons when you've a good suit on. :)

well that's true, i didn't realise you wanted it to go with a suit makes a small bit of a difference.

Zascar wrote:
    How about one of these? :D

Lol, yeah that would work... :p

nesf wrote:
    Because if you're flashing your wallet around long enough for people to examine it to see how much it cost, they'll think you're a pretentious tosser...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

i got a class snake skin wallet in thailand last year for about €10. if you know anybody heading over ask them to get ya one, you can freak people out!

Because if you're flashing your wallet around long enough for people to examine it to see how much it cost, they'll think you're a pretentious tosser...?

Because it looks bad around people who care about such things who happen to be a client you're trying to sell things to or close a contract with. I take it you've never had to work in such an environment? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I've got one of those bad mofo wallets, and it actually lasted pretty long! I couldn't see the exact pics in that link, but mine's spelt properly (i.e. not mother f***er one, it's not got asterix..) and doesn't have the twisty stuff around it..

I'd get one again, there's a serious amount of people that comment on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

I bought a Prada leather wallet in Brown Thomas 2 years ago, they still have similar ones. It's black, neat and gorgeous! The quality is excellent. Still looks like brand new, would definitely recommend it as I know it'll last a very long time. Bit on the expensive side though. I got mine for 120euro back then but I think of it that if I get 10 years out of it, that's less than probably what you'd pay for an inferior quality wallet which you'd maybe replace once a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Stewart/Stand make cool wallets made from woven stainless steel. They look great and are really unusual. About €70+ though. I bought a Rip Curl one in a surf shop about 7 years ago. It's plain brown leather with a stiched on Rip Curl embossed sign. Small, simple and lasting really well. Only £20 at the time. Amazing where you find nice things.

nesf wrote:
    Because it looks bad around people who care about such things who happen to be a client you're trying to sell things to or close a contract with. I take it you've never had to work in such an environment? :)
    Nope, thankfully no client has ever been interested in examining my wallet.

Advertisement