Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting365 BB

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

It's a very strange choice of map as when you click on it you get to e-net's MAN list with actual maps. H365's map could just be any ol' map of Ireland instead of taking IOFFL's map (without permission I guess).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

It's not IrelandOffline's map as such. It's mine which IrelandOffline is allowed to use and reproduce. I commissioned a web developer to create this and am delighted that Hosting365 will now licence it from me so I can recoup some of the costs of having this created. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

damien.m wrote:
    It's not IrelandOffline's map as such. It's mine which IrelandOffline is allowed to use and reproduce. I commissioned a web developer to create this and am delighted that Hosting365 will now licence it from me so I can recoup some of the costs of having this created. :)

Excellent, you can get that Gold Plated name paque you always wanted :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

that DSL map is missing Spiddal aka Spiddle in Galway (12 miles west) , Corrundulla aka Corrandulla in Galway (12 miles north) and still has that mysterious bog exchange to the very west in Galway too .

also add Annacotty in Limerick, eircom have been really busy in the past 3 months since the map was created :p

otherwise its still the definitive eircom BB map :(

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭bminish

Sponge Bob wrote:
    that DSL map is missing Spiddal aka Spiddle in Galway (12 miles west) , Corrundulla aka Corrandulla in Galway (12 miles north) and still has that mysterious bog exchange to the very west in Galway too .

It also shows Newport Co, Mayo as enabled. I am almost certain that it is not and that Newport, Tipperary is the the only enabled Newport

.brendan

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

and the dsl map is where the man map should be ...eh Steve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 edbyrne

Oops :eek:

Fixed now ... wasn't trying to steal your IP Damien, or purport that the Enet MAN is more than it is. The initial Enet map we gave our designer obviously didn't impress!

Next time I'm in Cork I'll have that gold plated name tag for you ;-)

edbyrne wrote:
    Oops :eek:

Fixed now ... wasn't trying to steal your IP Damien, or purport that the Enet MAN is more than it is. The initial Enet map we gave our designer obviously didn't impress!

So what can you offer me off the Kiltimagh MAN then ?
    the MAN locations do not equate to back haul availability since many of the smaller MAN's do not have service providers on them.
    What is available from Hosting 365 and where ?

.brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Sorry Ed, was that meant to be some kind of apology from Hosting365? Are you now saying it was your designer who stole my content and not Hosting365? Who signed off on uploading a copy of my property to your website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Hi Brendan,

We can offer service off all 'live' MANs right now. Drop us a line for more details.

• Advertisement

Hi Brendan,

We can offer service off all 'live' MANs right now. Drop us a line for more details.

how about listing the 'Live' MANs ? Surely it's not top secret! information ?

Is Kiltimagh A Live MAN?
    Is Ballina a Live MAN?

I know Ballina now has a couple of operators available on it but Neither man is connected the ESBT fibre network.
    What is Hosting365's definition of a 'live' Man ?
    What can Hosting365 and partners offer me in Mayo?

To clarify a little

We have a 34 Mb licenced link between a location near Klitimagh and ESBT mast in Galway to get access to the wholesale market via ESBT fibre in Galway, Can I now take a a feed closer to home and do BGP for real redundancy.
    Or would Hosting365 be interested in negotiating transit rates with us :-)

.Brendan

Hi Brendan,

Drop me an email and I can get you full details, we're not just talking about ESBT popped MAN's.

Hi Brendan,

Drop me an email and I can get you full details, we're not just talking about ESBT popped MAN's.

How about some details here ?

Can you provide service on for example the Kiltimagh MAN, which to my knowledge has no operator on it
    What about Ballina (Smart and possibly BT-Ireland provide service on this MAN)

Which MANs can Hosting365 and partners offer services on or do I have to sign an NDA to find out in general terms where service is available, if so that still leaves your Website mapping potentially very misleading as to availability

.brendan

Despite moving to a PM with steve-hosting36 I am no nearer to ascertaining which MAN's this service is available off in my area.
    Can one assume since there is no information about where this is actually available, that it may actually be available nowhere at all?

.brendan

For the sake of clarity - There are 5 MAN’s where we don’t have backhaul - Kiltimagh, Bunbeg, Carrickmacross, Monaghan and Kingscourt. All other enet MAN's we can deliver services from.

For the sake of clarity - There are 5 MAN’s where we don’t have backhaul - Kiltimagh, Bunbeg, Carrickmacross, Monaghan and Kingscourt. All other enet MAN's we can deliver services from.

Can you deliver from the Ballina MAN?

All enet MAN's bar those 5, we can deliver service from.

Advertisement