Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know what this anime is

Options
  • 27-06-2006 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Yeah, I saw an ad on the back of an animation magazine for this series but i cant remember the name of it.

It must be really new, and apparently its done by the same people that did samurai champloo.

So yeah, if you had the english name or the japanese name for it, that'd be super.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

What animation magasine? How old? and what kind of style?

The Director of Samurai Champloo has only directed one other series: Cowboy Bebop.

I am trying to remember the studio behing Champloo, I think it was Manglobe who have only one other anime production (Ergo Proxy)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

How about you describe what the picture was like?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Graki_Khan

I cant remember the name of the magazine, it was my b/fs.... mmmmm it was the june edition of an animation magazine that focused on what was being released and who made it. I think it was american too.

The pic on the back was kinda dark browny wine coloured, with a picture of a chic in a hallway with a stairs going down in the bg, and the chic was holding a gun at the "viewer" or a little to the right....

Then layered on top of the pic, below center level was the english title. I think it had two words to it and the first one beginning with E. Some mental name (you know how these anime folks are)

So yeah, champloo was aired like 2 years ago, so thats a fair amount of time for the champloo peoples to make a new series. Plus i think, that if theres pics of it on western magazines for the series to be released, surely it must have gotten good ratings in japan first to warrent the release, hence must have been aired in japan, hence maybe someone has fansubbed it already.

but then again, the boys that made champloo and bebop do have a really good rep so maybe they'd release japan and america at the same time? Who knows.

..........anyway! If anyone had any facts, that would be nice, because, obviously I dont! :D

Facts? They are all here:
    www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php

Is this the picture you are talking about:

ergoproxyphoto097nl.jpg

If so, it is by Manglobe, the Champloo studio, and it is called Ergo Proxy.
    Information here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=5115
    Its been running in Japan since February, its considered one of the best releases of the year so far by fans, and about 14 episodes have been fansubbed so far, by various groups.

Its licensed to Geneon, with the first DVD release pencilled in for November. Geneon also licensed Samurai Champloo, and brought it out quickly, and CHamploo came to us here via MVM. The kind of story told in Ergo Proxy is one that appeals to our local audience - the odds of it coming over here are very high.

Other notables: the intro tune is Radiohead's Paranoid Android

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Graki_Khan

Dude!

My memory mixed that pic up all kindsa backwards!

• Advertisement

Its possible that some of the pics themselves may have been flipped.

The google image search had a few odd variants of that pic.

Its a great character design though ... must check out Ergo Proxy myself soon.

Advertisement