Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Cross: affordable housing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

God I am sick of people moaning. You can afford a place and are been given a hand to do so. I am sure an immigrant without a chip on their shoulder about certain areas will be quite happy to take advantage of the opportunity. So property is cheaper in Germany big deal. I have no idea if these properties are in the worst areas or not.
    You effectively could be the happy imigrant buying in a bad area becasue you think it is good value while locals wouldn't touch it. If you do know it does matter either. To compare a former(still is) world power with a long history of money with a country with a long history of no money,occupied and then civil war is a little silly. You want to abandon the country because you want better that is fine you are looking out for yourself. Try to consider the ability to move was given to you by many sacrifices of the generations before you. You appear to want to repay this by giving out about you not been able to afford luxuries.

Property is cheap in Germany becasue they rebuilt cities with affordable renting property and strict laws this reduced the demand to purchase. Less demand makes it cheaper. We have one of the highest homeownserships in the world that's how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

In fairness thats a good deal. As far as i remember a 2 bed in northern cross was around 300 when they went on sale last year. I'm sure they've gone up since.

And the reason people live in apartments at the end of the malahide road instead of in town is usually because thats what they can afford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭VroomVroom

Cantab. wrote:
    I think I'll just have to move to Germany, and life looks much easier over there for a young man like me trying to start out in life with a modest standard of living (I might even be able to buy a nice sports car which I can drive at full speed - minus penalty points and VRT).

Go for it...leave the nicely priced egg-box to someone who recognises a good deal when they are presented with one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

VroomVroom wrote:
    Go for it...leave the nicely priced egg-box to someone who recognises a good deal when they are presented with one...

Yeah, because €1200 a month for the privilige of living beside a halting site in Darndale is such a 'good deal'!

BC wrote:
    And the reason people live in apartments at the end of the malahide road instead of in town is usually because thats what they can afford.

Nothing got to do with corruption and county councils?

• Advertisement

God I am sick of people moaning. You can afford a place and are been given a hand to do so. I am sure an immigrant without a chip on their shoulder about certain areas will be quite happy to take advantage of the opportunity.
    Having a chip on ones shoulder applies to those with an inferiority complex. I though, suffer from a superiority complex, and will certainly not live in Darndale! I've got standards like, even if it means buying abroad for a couple of years <sarcasm>whilst waiting for my relations to die!</sarcasm>
    So property is cheaper in Germany big deal. I have no idea if these properties are in the worst areas or not.
    So you're quite happy to be blind to the fact that properties in Ireland are overpriced? I'm basically at the stage where I'm making a (relatively big) financial decision, I'm getting as much information as possible about the situation first before handing over my money. I've concluded that there is no value in Darndale flats and that there is too much risk involved for me to take on at this stage. Others may see differently, that's fine, but I don't see it this way.
    You effectively could be the happy imigrant buying in a bad area becasue you think it is good value while locals wouldn't touch it.
    Immigrants might be happy living in Darndale, I wouldn't be. And besides, I don't really wish to be surrounded by immigrants - look at what happened on Parnell Street!
    If you do know it does matter either. To compare a former(still is) world power with a long history of money with a country with a long history of no money,occupied and then civil war is a little silly. You want to abandon the country because you want better that is fine you are looking out for yourself.
    Yeah, I want to leave. Not sure what you're on about with your short course in history though...
    Try to consider the ability to move was given to you by many sacrifices of the generations before you. You appear to want to repay this by giving out about you not been able to afford luxuries.
    Meh, I don't owe this country anything - not that third-level means much these days. Real status can be got by having your name printed in advertisements from the revenue commissiners. I worked hard in college and have proved I can accomplish things and I would be thankful more to the EU than the Irish government.
    Property is cheap in Germany becasue they rebuilt cities with affordable renting property and strict laws this reduced the demand to purchase. Less demand makes it cheaper. We have one of the highest homeownserships in the world that's how it goes.
    Your anecdotal analysis sounds hunky-dory, but I don't see it your way...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Forgive my ignorance, but what did happen in Parnell St? (Apart from provisionals getting control of most of the property and an English chap opening a high-end strip club on it, neither of which you can hardly blame on the immigrants)

It does have to be said that German property is cheap at the moment largely because they are in an economic slump.

Cantab. wrote:
    Having a chip on ones shoulder applies to those with an inferiority complex. I though, suffer from a superiority complex, and will certainly not live in Darndale! I've got standards like, even if it means buying abroad for a couple of years <sarcasm>whilst waiting for my relations to die!</sarcasm>
    No it doesn't it can refer to anything where somebody is angry due to circumstance. You are angry you can't buy a house and blame others. You don't have a superiority complex because it is quite obvious you think you are better than you are. It isn't complex.
    Parnell street is fine as inner city streets go and I have firends living there.
    Cantab. wrote:
    So you're quite happy to be blind to the fact that properties in Ireland are overpriced? I'm basically at the stage where I'm making a (relatively big) financial decision, I'm getting as much information as possible about the Esituation first before handing over my money. I've concluded that there is no value in Darndale flats and that there is too much risk involved for me to take on at this stage. Others may see differently, that's fine, but I don't see it this way.

Well nothing is overpriced if people are willing to pay for it. I gather you didn't study economics really hard in college. You aren't gathering information you are forming opinion on your beleif that you deserve better. You don't deserve anything, you are just one of the many celtech cubs who think there education means they get a high wage and your dreams. Something that bothers such people is tradesmen can actually achieve this dream easier than you.
    Cantab. wrote:
    Immigrants might be happy living in Darndale, I wouldn't be. And besides, I don't really wish to be surrounded by immigrants - look at what happened on Parnell Street!

Missing the point. You as an immigrant in germany may be just as willing to live in something equal.

Yeah, I want to leave. Not sure what you're on about with your short course in history though...
    Cantab. wrote:
    Meh, I don't owe this country anything - not that third-level means much these days. Real status can be got by having your name printed in advertisements from the revenue commissiners. I worked hard in college and have proved I can accomplish things and I would be thankful more to the EU than the Irish government.

What the hell does that mean? You probably owe your family nothing either right? Real status? You are losing it.
    EU membership came at massive expense to Ireland. Your opportunities are all from others sacrifices. As you did it all yourself stop complaining. Buy the big house you think you deserve with the amazing ability to do everything yourself it won't be a problem.:rolleyes:
    Cantab. wrote:
    Your anecdotal analysis sounds hunky-dory, but I don't see it your way...

You don't see at all. You want, want, want. You deserve nothing and are not willing to take what offered. I am gathering you think people on the dole or the like were all spongers etc... Lots of people actually remember when people fresh out of college had to leave as there were no jobs. You are ungrateful , a snob and at least hinting you are racist too. I rather my culture was not polluted by such a nature so please feel free to leave.

No it doesn't it can refer to anything where somebody is angry due to circumstance. You are angry you can't buy a house and blame others.
    I don't blame anybody - I'm just not sticking around to buy a flat in Darndale. Doesn't bother me who ends up living there.
    You don't have a superiority complex because it is quite obvious you think you are better than you are. It isn't complex.
    Parnell street is fine as inner city streets go and I have firends living there.
    You're right - it isn't complex - I won't live in Darndale becuase of the kind of people who live there. Simple as that. I don't want to live in a high crime area complete with unruly kids, drugs and horses - these are the facts about the Darndale/Coolock area.
    Well nothing is overpriced if people are willing to pay for it. I gather you didn't study economics really hard in college.
    No I didn't actually. I'm assuming you did? What institute educated you then if you think that paying 250k for a 'discount' Darndale flat makes good economic sense?
    You aren't gathering information you are forming opinion on your beleif that you deserve better. You don't deserve anything, you are just one of the many celtech cubs who think there education means they get a high wage and your dreams. Something that bothers such people is tradesmen can actually achieve this dream easier than you.
    Yeah, I've got many opportunities, but I will not be availing of the services of this country thank you very much. You talk about 'celtech cubs', yet they are the new 'working poor' as I like to call them. Even gardai and nurses are entering the realm of the working poor - at the moment, anyone earning under 35k I would consider as being working poor - a) because you can't get a mortgage, b) even if you do, you will have to live somewhere like Darndale and c) a property management company will be telling you what you can and can't do for the rest of your life.
    What the hell does that mean? You probably owe your family nothing either right? Real status? You are losing it.
    Yes, I'll look after my family for sure. Goes without saying. Why should I look after the government with 42% tax, VRT, crap transport + corruption? One surefire way to lose your status is to resort yourself to a life of Darndale living. I've got status and I'm not going to give it to a corrupt property developer.
    EU membership came at massive expense to Ireland.
    For example?
    Your opportunities are all from others sacrifices.
    You might see it as me standing on the shoulders of giants, however the giant has gone from that lean, honest and hard-working machine to a fat and greedy layabout who is now trying to stamp on me.
    As you did it all yourself stop complaining. Buy the big house you think you deserve with the amazing ability to do everything yourself it won't be a problem.:rolleyes:
    Yes, I have an amazing ability. I've got confidence in my own abilities, it's just I don't have any confidence in the Irish property market.
    You don't see at all. You want, want, want. You deserve nothing and are not willing to take what offered.
    I don't expect to be offered anything from Dublin City Council - I was just seeing if I could take advantage of the system, and if I can, why not? I don't think there's any 'deal' being offered though, the whole affordable housing scheme is a by-product planning corruption which I'd rather not be involved in thanks very much.
    I am gathering you think people on the dole or the like were all spongers etc...
    Presumption is yours, not mine. Although many people on the dole are spongers, but sure if they're happy, fair play to 'em. It's a poverty trap though.
    Lots of people actually remember when people fresh out of college had to leave as there were no jobs.
    And they just got on with it, didn't they? They moved to pastures greener where there were more opportunities and a fair chance to make a life for themselves. Same in 2006. I'm not obliged to stay here.
    You are ungrateful , a snob and at least hinting you are racist too. I rather my culture was not polluted by such a nature so please feel free to leave.
    Ah yes, the last bastion of the weak - resort to name-calling in an attempt to stifle debate. Ungrateful for what exactly? A snob for having ambition? A racist for preferring not to live beside a halting site? Put your branding iron away for another day my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Cantab. wrote:

Oh well, at least the council are trying. I think I'll just have to move to Germany, and life looks much easier over there for a young man like me trying to start out in life with a modest standard of living (I might even be able to buy a nice sports car which I can drive at full speed - minus penalty points and VRT).

Two things:

1. Germany has penalty points (Irish Times Article)
    Denmark joins Ireland, Britain and Northern Ireland, France, Greece and Germany in alloting points for certain offences.

2. Good luck getting a job in Germany, I think there was just 4.397 million unemployed at the end of May.

• Advertisement

Two things:

1. Germany has penalty points (Irish Times Article)
    So? There's still no speed limit on the AutoBahns and there's no VRT. How are you counteracting my original statement?
    2. Good luck getting a job in Germany, I think there was just 4.397 million unemployed at the end of May.
    For the unskilled, yes. I'm an embedded systems engineer and there are loads of jobs all over the world especially in Germany/UK/France.

Cantab

Your response confirms all I said about you. I never name called I described you based on what you said.

You have a lot to learn the first things to learn are some economics and history.

You are going to be very unhappy if you keep your current views. You of course think I am full of it but I am not the person who is angry and making incorrect statements. If you think a socially responsible thing like penality points is bad you have a problem. Try reading "Rich Dad Poor Dad".

Cantab. wrote:
    So? There's still no speed limit on the AutoBahns

Wrong.
    German autobahns have no general speed limit (though about 50% of the total length is subject to local and/or conditional limits)

That's from a Wiki article, but I've seen it mentioned on a number of guides to driving in Germany.
    Cantab wrote:
    How are you counteracting my original statement?

Well, you didn't mention the Autobahn in your original statement, you gave the impression there was no chance of penalty points. See:
    Cantab wrote:
    I might even be able to buy a nice sports car which I can drive at full speed - minus penalty points and VRT

I never questioned the VRT bit.
    Cantab wrote:
    For the unskilled, yes. I'm an embedded systems engineer and there are loads of jobs all over the world especially in Germany/UK/France.

Confident chap, aren't we? Have you compared relative salaries, tax rates, and cost of living etc? Worked out the cost of a mortgage in Germany?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Cantab. wrote:

Yeah, I've got many opportunities, but I will not be availing of the services of this country thank you very much. You talk about 'celtech cubs', yet they are the new 'working poor' as I like to call them. Even gardai and nurses are entering the realm of the working poor - at the moment, anyone earning under 35k I would consider as being working poor - a) because you can't get a mortgage, b) even if you do, you will have to live somewhere like Darndale and c) a property management company will be telling you what you can and can't do for the rest of your life.

I earn less than 35k a year yet there is no way I would consider myself as being "working poor" as you put it.

I've recently bought a lovely new flat in Lexilip. I knew what my limits were and bought accordingly. It seems you know what your limits are but are not happy with what you can get. It’s fair enough but why blame every one else. We all made choices in life and some work out some did not.

What I would suggest to you is have a reality check to the real world where you don’t always get what you want but in most cases end up with what you need.

kearnsr wrote:
    I earn less than 35k a year yet there is no way I would consider myself as being "working poor" as you put it.

I've recently bought a lovely new flat in Lexilip. I knew what my limits were and bought accordingly.
    Quick question for you - how recently did you buy your flat? Another quick question for you - how much do you think you'd need to be earning as a minimum to get a 400k mortgage?
    kearnsr wrote:
    It seems you know what your limits are but are not happy with what you can get. It

Wrong.
    You are wrong. There is no speed limit on German motorways. You will be able to tell everyone on this forum what the speed limit is on German motorways then won't you? Granted, I'm in no doubt that speed restrictions are in place in certain areas, but these motorways are just a subset of all motorways in Germany where there are no speed limits unless stated.
    That's from a Wiki article, but I've seen it mentioned on a number of guides to driving in Germany.
    I wouldn't believe everything you read on the internet.
    Well, you didn't mention the Autobahn in your original statement, you gave the impression there was no chance of penalty points. See:
    Read it again and you'll spot an ambiguity - us boardsies can't be expected to have an M.Litt prerequisite to being allowed to post.
    I never questioned the VRT bit.
    How could you?
    Confident chap, aren't we? Have you compared relative salaries, tax rates, and cost of living etc? Worked out the cost of a mortgage in Germany?
    Yes, there is huge demand for engineers in the UK/France/Germany, indeed all over the world.

So do you agree or disagree that a 2-bed flat in Darndale at a 'discount price' of 250k represents good value for money? Do you think the average garda/nurse starting their jobs on salaries of 25-30k would be wise to go for such a scheme?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Cantab. wrote:
    So do you agree or disagree that a 2-bed flat in Darndale at a 'discount price' of 250k represents good value for money? Do you think the average garda/nurse starting their jobs on salaries of 25-30k would be wise to go for such a scheme?

Cantab, 250k does seem alot for an affordable, never mind the location of the property.
    Did DCC not give you a discount on the price? Councils usually give a 1-50% discount on the property depending on your earnings.
    Did you apply to the likes of SDCC and Fingal for housing as well as they would have a better range available most below 200k?

Cantab wrote:
    You are wrong. There is no speed limit on German motorways. You will be able to tell everyone on this forum what the speed limit is on German motorways then won't you? Granted, I'm in no doubt that speed restrictions are in place in certain areas, but these motorways are just a subset of all motorways in Germany where there are no speed limits unless stated.

So you accept there are speed limits on some section of Autobahn? Grand.
    Cantab wrote:
    I wouldn't believe everything you read on the internet.

If you've anything to prove those extracts wrong feel free to reference it here. URLs or print material will do. Ta.
    The German Autobahn, has taken on an almost legendary mystique. The reality is a little different than the legend. The myth of no speed limits is countered by the fact that Tempolimits are a fact of life on most of Germany's highways, and traffic jams are common. Signs suggesting a recommended speed limit of 130 km/h (80 mph) are posted along most autobahns, while urban sections and a few dangerous stretches sometimes have posted speed limits as “low” as 100 km/h (62 mph).

Source
    The sometimes deadly combination of creeping semis and speeding cars on highways that are often only two lanes in each direction has already led to speed caps on some stretches of the autobahn, with positive results. An 80 m.p.h. limit on the autobahn between Berlin and Hamburg reduced annual traffic-related deaths from eight to zero last year, reports Rainer Hillgaertner of the Automobilclub Europa, one of Germany's biggest organizations for drivers.
    Enough measures have already been taken to ease the stress on drivers, says Maurer (of the car-driver organization ADAC). Roughly 40 percent of the autobahn now has speed limits. Electronic signs in some of the unregulated stretches "suggest" speeds based on traffic and the time of day.

Source (in 2004)
    Cantab. wrote:
    Read it again and you'll spot an ambiguity - us boardsies can't be expected to have an M.Litt prerequisite to being allowed to post.

Basic communication skills would suffice, you'll probably need them in your new workplace...
    Cantab wrote:

You appear to be suffering from a common ailment often referred to as "the grass is always greener on the other side".

Best of luck with the move.

gurramok wrote:
    Did you apply to the likes of SDCC and Fingal for housing as well as they would have a better range available most below 200k?

Bearing that in mind, Fingal CoCo have the following available.

Info on their scheme: http://www.fingalcoco.ie/LivingInFingal/Housing/AffordableHousing/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Cantab. wrote:
    Quick question for you - how recently did you buy your flat? Another quick question for you - how much do you think you'd need to be earning as a minimum to get a 400k mortgage?
    kearnsr wrote:
    It seems you know what your limits are but are not happy with what you can get. It

I got my mortgage 2 months ago. Aparment isnt even built yet.

I'm not a mortage broker so I dont know how much you would have to earn to get a 400k mortgage. I dont need that much. As I said I know my limits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

gurramok wrote:
    Cantab, 250k does seem alot for an affordable, never mind the location of the property.
    Did DCC not give you a discount on the price? Councils usually give a 1-50% discount on the property depending on your earnings.

250k is a discount. Nothern Cross is now selling at 340k for a 2 bed so thats a discount of 90k! The reason some other councils sell at below 200k is because their properties are usually further out e.g. balbriggan. Most of Dublin City Council's properties are in the city centre with some like northern cross on the north side.

BC wrote:
    250k is a discount. Nothern Cross is now selling at 340k for a 2 bed so thats a discount of 90k! The reason some other councils sell at below 200k is because their properties are usually further out e.g. balbriggan. Most of Dublin City Council's properties are in the city centre with some like northern cross on the north side.
    But we don't understand. An appartment accross from a Hilton Hotel, motor way access, Tesco's flag ship store, fitness centre, public trasnport, schools, cinemas, the coast etc... just isn't good enough! He worked very hard and has provided so much to the state we should give him more:rolleyes:

It may sound like somebody older giving out about a younger person but it is in fact prospective. I am not that old either it. This will be a social issue as the haves and the have nots are always the real problem. You can feel the resentment from Cantlab it doesn't matter if he is right or not he feels it and will spread it about. Listen to any of the people in prsion for theft and the like it is the same resentment. Some feel it rightly and others are given it by their families, it is the true cause of the poverty trap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

BC wrote:

Ah I see! So Cantab was offered a 26% discount, thought it would of been more.
    Thought Northern Cross would be cheaper than city centre as its only maybe 3-4miles(?) from it
    Similar properties from DCC at similar distance for example in Finglas are alot cheaper as affordable, guess it depends on what postal address they are advertising NC as, Darndale or a more affluent district!

Agree with FillSpectre about the facilities nearby to NC, i'd go for it myself but 250k is even too much for moi :)

In fairness it isn't Darndale anyway AFAIK. Dardale is just one housing development the way I remember it. The appartments are distanced a fair bit too but closish to the Travelers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

kearnsr wrote:
    I dont know how much you would have to earn to get a 400k mortgage.
    Unless you're a solicitor/doctor, you would have to be earning 80,000 a year to qualify for a mortgage of that size. Solicitors and doctors etc would be given that mortgage on a lower salary because it would be expected that their salaries would rise up to that kind of level quickly.

jdivision wrote:
    Unless you're a solicitor/doctor, you would have to be earning 80,000 a year to qualify for a mortgage of that size. Solicitors and doctors etc would be given that mortgage on a lower salary because it would be expected that their salaries would rise up to that kind of level quickly.

I think this applies to most professions. I'm an egnineer and got a decent size mortgage and could've got more (and starve for a couple of years).

The banks can see that some profesionals while have a steady increase in earnings over the rest of their working lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Cantab. wrote:
    I don't blame anybody - I'm just not sticking around to buy a flat in Darndale. Doesn't bother me who ends up living there.

You're right - it isn't complex - I won't live in Darndale becuase of the kind of people who live there. Simple as that. I don't want to live in a high crime area complete with unruly kids, drugs and horses - these are the facts about the Darndale/Coolock area.

No I didn't actually. I'm assuming you did? What institute educated you then if you think that paying 250k for a 'discount' Darndale flat makes good economic sense?

Yes, I'll look after my family for sure. Goes without saying. Why should I look after the government with 42% tax, VRT, crap transport + corruption? One surefire way to lose your status is to resort yourself to a life of Darndale living. I've got status and I'm not going to give it to a corrupt property developer.

For example?

You might see it as me standing on the shoulders of giants, however the giant has gone from that lean, honest and hard-working machine to a fat and greedy layabout who is now trying to stamp on me.

Yes, I have an amazing ability. I've got confidence in my own abilities, it's just I don't have any confidence in the Irish property market.

I don't expect to be offered anything from Dublin City Council - I was just seeing if I could take advantage of the system, and if I can, why not? I don't think there's any 'deal' being offered though, the whole affordable housing scheme is a by-product planning corruption which I'd rather not be involved in thanks very much.

Presumption is yours, not mine. Although many people on the dole are spongers, but sure if they're happy, fair play to 'em. It's a poverty trap though.

And they just got on with it, didn't they? They moved to pastures greener where there were more opportunities and a fair chance to make a life for themselves. Same in 2006. I'm not obliged to stay here.

Ah yes, the last bastion of the weak - resort to name-calling in an attempt to stifle debate. Ungrateful for what exactly? A snob for having ambition? A racist for preferring not to live beside a halting site? Put your branding iron away for another day my friend.

OK, girlfriend is a regular poster on this site and pointed this post out and just had to reply. Your issue doesn't seem to be the fact that like most young people in this city you can't afford to buy a home. Your whole post stinks of snobbery.

I grew up in Darndale and I live in one of those apartments at Northern Cross. Your view that Darndale is full of unruly kids, drugs and horses is a massive sterotype.

1) Most kids have an unruly streak, are you suggesting that you were an angel? It's a form of rebellion and self-expression which is natural and that most of us grow out of.

2) The only drug I have ever been addicted to is nicotine unless the council have been putting something into the water supply that I am unaware of.

3) I think I was on a horse once at a fair when I was ten but so long ago it may have been a donkey.

Yet you state this as fact, one question for you, have you ever been near Coolock or do you believe everything you read in the Indo?

Most people in the Darndale area are decent, hardworking people who have put up with decades of government/Gardaí inaction and ignorance from people like yourself. Granted, there are a number of bad eggs but I'm sure there are some in leafy Clonskeagh too.

Baically, I think I would rather live beside a couple of "unruly kids" than someone who sees the only deterrent to dangerous driving/speeding as penalty points rather than the thought of killing someone.

Feel better now that I got that off my chest ;o) Oh and for the record I seem to remember that the word "like" is a comparitive word.

Collie D wrote:
    OK, girlfriend is a regular poster on this site and pointed this post out and just had to reply. Your issue doesn't seem to be the fact that like most young people in this city you can't afford to buy a home. Your whole post stinks of snobbery.

I grew up in Darndale and I live in one of those apartments at Northern Cross. Your view that Darndale is full of unruly kids, drugs and horses is a massive sterotype.

1) Most kids have an unruly streak, are you suggesting that you were an angel? It's a form of rebellion and self-expression which is natural and that most of us grow out of.

2) The only drug I have ever been addicted to is nicotine unless the council have been putting something into the water supply that I am unaware of.

3) I think I was on a horse once at a fair when I was ten but so long ago it may have been a donkey.

Yet you state this as fact, one question for you, have you ever been near Coolock or do you believe everything you read in the Indo?

Most people in the Darndale area are decent, hardworking people who have put up with decades of government/Gardaí inaction and ignorance from people like yourself. Granted, there are a number of bad eggs but I'm sure there are some in leafy Clonskeagh too.

Baically, I think I would rather live beside a couple of "unruly kids" than someone who sees the only deterrent to dangerous driving/speeding as penalty points rather than the thought of killing someone.

Feel better now that I got that off my chest ;o) Oh and for the record I seem to remember that the word "like" is a comparitive word.

Lol. I've really hit a nerve given that i) your girlfriend was so bothered by what I had to say that she had to tell you all about it and ii) you felt the need to subscribe to boards.ie to give out to me.

I'm glad to hear your very happy living in Darndale. Fair play to ye. But does your need to tell everyone how great Darndale is signify the extent of your inferiority complex?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

That's not the first time you have mentioned people having inferiority complexes. Let me guess, Psychology was your third module in 1st Year UCD Arts? I also note that you have failed to answer my question about whether you or not you have ever been to Coolock. And as I consider myself an intelligent, open-minded person I would probably consider myself superior to you so definitely no complex going on here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement