Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Former Juve player Pessotto falls from roof/window

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭The Rooster

galwaydude wrote:
    he isnt involved acording to the BBC website.

Hope he survives.
    Juventus are saying that it was purely because of personal problems, therefore that's what the media are reporting. There's absolutely no public evidence that he is involved in the scandal, so the media are not going to speculate that he is, while his life still hangs in the balance. Please God he'll pull through.

Its a massive coincidence that he has chosen to try and commit suicide at Juventus football club, right when Juventus are up to their necks in one of the biggest football scandals of all time. I find it very hard to believe there is no link between the two.......... but maybe coincidences do happen.

How anyone thinks a person choosing to take their own life is comparable with the tragic events of Munich and Hillsborough, I have no idea. But each to their own.
    What a pointless post......
    ..... must have been one of the unwritten rules
    What a stupid ban.
    I feel sorry for the poor innocent who was so offended by the bad taste joke that he felt the need to report it. He needs to be very wary of this interweb place....

Interesting that the "joke" itself still remains, but the "joker" is banned. Says it all really - obviously there has been no more complaints, so the intention of the reporter was to get rid of Pigman, not to get rid of the joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

How anyone thinks a person choosing to take their own life is comparable with the tragic events of Munich and Hillsborough, I have no idea. But each to their own.

The guy is reported to have been suffering from depression. Depression, and attempted suicide, are no laughing matter. I've direct experience of two friends who've dealt with severe depression, its a horrible thing for anyone to go through. This is a tragedy on a different scale to Munich/Hillsborough, but a tragedy nonetheless. Are you suggesting attempted suicide is fair game for an aul slagging? Maybe we should have a few Michael Shields gags to lighten the mood, or Harold Shipman...
    I feel sorry for the poor innocent who was so offended by the bad taste joke that he felt the need to report it. He needs to be very wary of this interweb place....

Has it not sunk in that what goes on in other boards/parts of the internet has no bearing on the standards required on this board yet? I mean, I can go onto any Spurs supporter site and call Arsenal fans "Gooner S**gs" and nobody wll bat an eyelid. How long would I get away with that here? How long would I last calling Thierry Henry a "scumbag"?

Here's a post I made on another footy board I use (meant in jest, and accepted as such by people who know me by now):
    As long as we keep the kikes and the ragheads out I'm game.

Would I last long on boards with comments like that?
    Interesting that the "joke" itself still remains, but the "joker" is banned. Says it all really - obviously there has been no more complaints, so the intention of the reporter was to get rid of Pigman, not to get rid of the joke.

Obviously you're pulling suppositions out of your ar*e. I reported the post, not because I was offended by the "joke" but because I thought the thread would descend into farce (i.e. LOL, no thats not funny, yes it is PC brigade blah blah blah) and asked that it be closed. I had no intention of getting rid of Pigman, in fact I didn't even want him to get a weeks ban, so there's at least one reporter who doesn't match your theory.

p.s. all terms of abuse above are for illustrative purposes only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Seaneh wrote:
    It is comparable to hislborugh and Munich in that is a tragedy that is affecting not just a man, or his family but it is affecting a a club, a national team and a whole footballing nation!

Overreact much? Those two events killed numerous people, noone was killed in this event. Therefore they are not actually very comparable, unless your the type who stands outside Stringfellows with a Careful Now sign waiting for the rapture.

The joke was quite funny, Unlucky pigman. Get well soon pessotto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Nobody denies that depression and suicide are sad matters. Italian diving was a joke, made in bad taste most probably, but deserving of a ban? As has been said, if it had really been so offensive, it would have been deleted immediately.

But you are the high and mighty one therecklessone.

You werent offended yourself (well in fairness, how could anyone be unless they were related to the poor Pessotto), but you decided to protect us all from farce.:D :D:D:D:D :rolleyes:

In fairness I understand your motives completely. You saw the opportuinty and you took it. Congratualtions. Disappointed that a mod as decent as TFTF hasnt cottoned on to you yet.

You saw the opportuinty and you took it. Congratualtions. Disappointed that a mod as decent as TFTF hasnt cottoned on to you yet.

Opportunity for what? Cottoned on to what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Dustaz wrote:
    Overreact much? Those two events killed numerous people, noone was killed in this event. Therefore they are not actually very comparable, unless your the type who stands outside Stringfellows with a Careful Now sign waiting for the rapture.

The joke was quite funny, Unlucky pigman. Get well soon pessotto.

Know me personally do you?
    Take your pseudo-intelectual, self important, penis envy suffering self and crawl back under your rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

“his condition remains the same as yesterday. This is a good sign, as the more time goes on, the less likely he is to run into complications. If on Thursday he was 1-0 up after 20 minutes of play, then today it’s 1-0 at the half-hour mark. The problem, however, is that we don’t know how long this match will last.

The heavy bruising between his back and kidneys is stable, but he could still suffer kidney failure or pneumonia. In his condition, dialysis might not be enough, so that would be a major risk.”

Seaneh wrote:
    Know me personally do you?
    Take your pseudo-intelectual, self important, penis envy suffering self and crawl back under your rock.

OH NOES PERSONAL INSULTS

Thankfully I dont know you personally hence the use of the word unless. Goddamn us intellectuals and our clever use of language eh?

Self important? Yep i like to think so.

Penis-envy? Sorry what? what the hell has that got to do with the price of tomatoes and this thread? Please take the time to let me know, im horribly curious now.

I assure you that i shall be happy to crawl back under my rock once i get round to buying a semi-detached one in Athlone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

And I wuz wondering why Dustaz is a stranger to us these days.

Athlone????????

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

mike65 wrote:

Athlone????????

Mike.

Aye, who in there right mind would move down here!

Athlonian myself here, i wouldnt move here if u paid me tho! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I like Athlone. Reported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

PiE wrote:
    I like Athlone.

Aye, dont get me wrong, i love it here...but i wouldnt ever move here from say dublin :D

-edit-

anywyas, back on topic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Its a sad thing to hear of something like this to happen, but i must admit to smirking to pigman little quip about it. Dont see the big problem really, it was said in jest.

Sweet jesus, I wouldnt move to athlone under pain of boredom by Mr Penis Envy above there. I think ive been misunderstood. Ill simplify.

Me? Live under a rock? UR MA LIVES UNDER A ROCK.

Done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I knew you were joking. Honest guv.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Jesus Christ would the whole lot of ye who are arguing about the joke just shut up about it already! I agree with Seaneh when he says that if Ryan Giggs was in a similar condition, such a joke wouldn't be as widely tolerated. Anyway, Pigman will be back in less than a week, so would you people who are obsessed about it please let this mess die and get this thread back on track.

The good news is that Pessotto is "awake and aware", according to doctors taking care of him. That is excellent news and I hope that he will make a full recovery (if possible) from here.

I don't believe that the current scandal involving Juve was necessarily a contributing factor to this "suicide attempt". Severe depression is a strange thing. When a person can't take it any more, they might just take drastic measures due to their own mental state, regardless of some outside factors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

Maybe he prefers playing with the "kids" over on the thunderdome.:D

The Muppet wrote:
    Maybe he prefers playing with the "kids" over on the thunderdome.:D

Well lordy, ive made one post EVER on the thunderdome and guess who it was about ! Stalker :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Dustaz wrote:
    Well lordy, ive made one post EVER on the thunderdome and guess who it was about ! Stalker :)

Sorry , but do I have a reputaion to protect.;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement