Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those pesky Oblivion Gates

• 28-06-2006 1:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Am I the only one still playing ? I'm 100 hours in and I really want to finish the main quest so I can move on from this game. Like many others I am getting tired of closing one generic Oblivion gate after another so my latest trick is:
    Don't bother fighting any of the mobs in the oblivion gates just run like the clappers. With speed at 60 I find I can outrun anything in there and get to the sigil stone in record time with minimal damage. Some healing ability is essential to top your health up while you run. I also reccommend bolstering your magic resistance. You can outrun the melee attacks but some of the ranged magical attacks will hit. The most dangerous bit is probably the end when you grab the sigil stone. Keep running while the place explodes and watch out for any stray mobs that you didn't kill when entering the gate. Added bonus - in the stupid quest in Cheyindal where you have to rescue a suicidal prince from an Oblivion gate - if you run he never gets a chance to kamikaze the monsters and he will survive.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

One of my friends does that, if you have played any MMORPG like Guild Wars, running is a common tactic. Works very very well looks fun too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

also don't forget when you finally get help from all the towns go to your guilds and ask them to follow you, you can only do this after you have finished all guild tasks
    i brought assassins and mages, i'm not sure about fighters though or thieves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

superfly wrote:
    also don't forget when you finally get help from all the towns go to your guilds and ask them to follow you, you can only do this after you have finished all guild tasks

What??? Please don't tell me I have to complete all the guild quests in order to complete the main quest. I'm doing OK on the Mages Guild but I haven't even joined anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Na m8, relax, you can do this if you want to boss members of the various guilds around so you have a bit of an army following you around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Vegeta wrote:
    One of my friends does that, if you have played any MMORPG like Guild Wars, running is a common tactic. Works very very well looks fun too

hehehehe... ;) Think my fastest was just under 5 minutes for one (albeit simple enough) gate.

• Advertisement

hehehehe... ;) Think my fastest was just under 5 minutes for one (albeit simple enough) gate.

Affluence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I closed the Anvil gate last night and it took me an hour and a half! It was good but I don't fancy doing the same thing over and over.

It was the first gate in the aid for Bruma missions. Just how many gates are there?

silvine wrote:
    I closed the Anvil gate last night and it took me an hour and a half! It was good but I don't fancy doing the same thing over and over.

It was the first gate in the aid for Bruma missions. Just how many gates are there?

Loads pop up but you don't have to close every single one if you don't want.

As Burning eclipse points out above it is possible to run through them without attacking enemies if you want to get all the goodies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

thats the only reason i go into them,i just like all the stuff you get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I always save just at the very end, before you take the sigil stone.

The trick is: after you've saved, pick up the stone... wait a few seconds. It appears in your inventory. Check it out... Don't like what you see?
    Reload the game and try again. Different stone everytime you reload. (though sometimes the same one does recur)

Ta da... reason I'm walking around in full chameleon armour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Ah yeha.

Closing the gates was extremely tiresome.

I like just doing guild quests.

Advertisement