Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing paint stain from vinyl upholstered office chair

Options
  • 28-06-2006 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

How can I remove this stain from a vinyl-upholstered office chair without damaging the vinyl?

Its been there for over a year...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Is it emulsion or oil paint?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Well I personally would try some nail polish remover on a cloth if it was oil based paints other wise use a cloth with some very hot water if water based,remember to be carefull with this nail polish remover, if it drips on wood or painted surfaces it will lift paint. Give area a very quick brisk rubbing and have a dry cloth at hand to wipe off excess just incase.

Maybe test an area on chair first with polish remover that wouldnt be seen,just to be on safe side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

mad m wrote:
    Is it emulsion or oil paint?
    Not sure - I inherited it after it got the paint on it.
    mad m wrote:
    Well I personally would try some nail polish remover on a cloth if it was oil based paints other wise use a cloth with some very hot water if water based
    Thanks mad_m. I will try the hot water/cloth first. Then the nail polish remover.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Eurorunner wrote:
    I will try the hot water/cloth first. Then the nail polish remover.

I had paint on my leather suite - oil based. Cleaned it off with paint thinners, I had a dish of hot soapy water beside me to wash the thinners off as soon as the paint was gone. Use the thinners sparingly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

thanks for that mad_m & sparks400. Last night I tired the hot water - to no avail. Today I bought a bottle of paint thinner and put it to the test when I came home and its sorted the problem 100%

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Not a bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭deisemum

Sparks400 wrote:
    I had paint on my leather suite - oil based. Cleaned it off with paint thinners, I had a dish of hot soapy water beside me to wash the thinners off as soon as the paint was gone. Use the thinners sparingly

There's gloss paint on my leather suite so thanks for this advice

Advertisement