Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Face Product Discovery!

• 28-06-2006 1:53am

I have quite normal skin, which is prone to the odd few spots. I also have some freckles on my face, and overall my skin looks dull and boring. All my teenage years I have searched for something to change that, and on a whim I bought Clarin's Anti-Regreasing gel (€23) from Brown Thomas.

Oh. My. God.

My skin instantly looked and felt so much better, the first person who saw me commented on how my skin looked clearer. This product is amazing. It hydrates your skin, keeps the oily shine away, softens blemishes. I seriously don't know why this isn't a staple of every persons product collection. Buy it. Now. Or at least ask for a free sample at BT. Oh, and matched with Nivea Visage tinted moisturiser (about €9), your skin will glow.

I'm off to apply some more.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Did anyone else look at the username and think that this had to be the campest post of all time (the punctuation between the oh my god is classic) ?

I'm assuming the OP is not a guy called David Lynch but it's rather a reference to the writer/director

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Did anyone else look at the username and think that this had to be the campest post of all time (the punctuation between the oh my god is classic) ?

Haha, I thought that as well. Supoib! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'm assuming the OP is not a guy called David Lynch but it's rather a reference to the writer/director
    Exactly my response!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Back on topic, folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

I have quite normal skin, which is prone to the odd few spots. I also have some freckles on my face, and overall my skin looks dull and boring. All my teenage years I have searched for something to change that, and on a whim I bought Clarin's Anti-Regreasing gel (€23) from Brown Thomas.

I've got similar skin, so I will definitely try this out. You would think that getting out in the air more often with the (slightly) better weather would improve your skin - even a little!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

i went into a chemist to get it and theyd never even heard of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Tesco facewash and some cream does the job for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

abetarrush wrote:
    Tesco facewash and some cream does the job for me!

You pansy! It's brillo pads and spit for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I can't find any mention of this anyway. But there is a L'Oreal Anti-Regreasing for men. Is this what you're thinking of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

http://www.blushingbuyer.co.uk/acatalog/men-expert-pure-matte-lg.jpg

this is all i could find...pity its for men....i'd like to have tried it. any for the females?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

If it's clarins, you have to go to a clarins counter to buy it, I think brown thomas is the only place that have one, maybe Harvey Nichols in Dundrum

what are you on about???So many places have Clarins counters..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I had a look on strawberry.net and then a google, and couldn't find any mention of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

what are you on about???So many places have Clarins counters..

Do they? Sorry, maybe I'm thinking of something else then, I thought there was only a few, sorry :o

Sorry for sounding so harsh!!!but yeah quite a few chemists do the counter..

Apologies for my campness. Bad. And David Lynch is my brother's sister's cousin.

Stay the hell away from L'Oreal Anti-Regreasing, it has alcohol in it and will dry your skin. It's also not worth the money.

So I seem to have named the product wrongly. It is actually called

Clarins Hydra-Matte Day Lotion

beatSkincareBasicsClarins_HydraMatte_Day_Lotion-resized200.jpg

This stuff is the business. Here's a small, somewhat dim, review:
    I've been annoyed with my combination skin for years, as it needs separate moisturisers, and sometimes the shiny skin comes through. So I was amazed to finally find a product that does both jobs! I don't know how, but Clarins Hydra Matte Day Lotion re-balances, i.e. hydrates dry areas, and de-shines oily areas (yes, really)! It makes skin smooth, soft, and smells divine. It also has a high content of botanics, which are great for the environmental-conscious girlie:-) If you have combination skin, and have been looking for the ultimate moisturiser, then this is the one!

Guys, stay away from the male counterpart of this product. I find that 'female' products suit men as well. The male products usually are filled with crappy musk-like smells, and will dry out your skin.

I can't believe I'm this excited about a face product. My dad would be so proud.

how did you get the name SO wrong?

Advertisement