Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Recorder questions

• 28-06-2006 8:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Just a couple of simple questions ( I hope)

Do most DVD hard drive recorders eg pioneer 530, philips dvdr 3300, also allow recording onto discs? Do they also allow recording from the hard drive onto disc?

I have Sky plus multi room which means I have the sky plus hard drive box in one room and another box (no hard drive) in another room. The intention is to put the dvd recorder in the room with no sky plus hard drive. I presume there is no compatability issues between Sky plus and dvd recorders ie I presume I can record Sky programmes onto the dvd recorder. I know this may be a question with an obvious answer (ie yes) but I just wanna make sure

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

Yes, most if not all DVD/HDD recorders can
    - record to HDD
    - copy from HDD to DVD
    - record direct to DVD

RE: Sky Plus:
    Don't have it but I'm sure you can record from the Sky Box to your DVD recorder.

Regards

Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

TheBazman wrote:
    I presume there is no compatability issues between Sky plus and dvd recorders ie I presume I can record Sky programmes onto the dvd recorder. I know this may be a question with an obvious answer (ie yes) but I just wanna make sure

Cheers

As long as the sky box has a scart output you can connect to your recorder and record away. Some sky content may be protected and not allow you to record though. The pioneer 530 will also let you change the sky channels through its epg so you can set timed recordings and not worry about setting the sky box to change aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Cheers folks - I must get shopping then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭gipo2

what about the new version, Pioneer dvd 540, has anyone seen this for sale yet and where? it should be out now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

gipo2 wrote:
    what about the new version, Pioneer dvd 540, has anyone seen this for sale yet and where? it should be out now.

Alot of the guys on www.avforums.com think it's not quite as good as the 530. Apparently some inputs missing and new features not amazing. I'm definitely happy with my 530 since I got it a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭branners69

I am also a happy 530 customer!!

I use it with Sky+, I use the copy feature. You select the programmes you have recorded with the red button then you press select. The Sky+ box will then play all the programmes you have selected. I do this at night then the next day I split and rename and burn if I'm keeping the programme!!

I also have NTL digital hooked up via the 530's epg and it works fine!!

Advertisement