Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 and TG4 signal quality - how to improve?

• 28-06-2006 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi All,

I only have the poverty channels in my home in Limerick (RTE1,2, TV3 and TV4). I access these using the co-ax cable that comes in throught the hole in the wall (Not using a rabbit ears arial on top of my set)

The picture quality on 1 and 2 is perfect. However, tv3 is really bad and tg4 is almost as bad. Now i see adverts in the paper saying that these guys can get these 4 channels to your house perfect for a small fee?

Does anyone know how they do this? I'm presuming it's some sort of signal amplifier? I do have a type of amplifier that my cable connects to before it goes to the TV (it's one of the ones that you can plug multiple TV's into to get good signals in them all) but it doesn't seem to make any difference.
    Mabye i could buy something to help? Although my house is kinda at the foot of a small hill so this may be a factor.
    With the Tour De France going live on tg4 on july 1st, i'm eager to try work something out if possible.

If you have any comments, i'd be glad to hear them..

Comments

Advertisement