Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Outlook 2003 Not Showing Attachments

• 28-06-2006 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi, An external source sent an email with a PDF attachment to myself and another guy. I received the attachment but the other email account didnt. It didnt show a paperclip and it didnt say Outlook has blocked unsafe attachments and the mail was smaller than the mail I received. Any ideas?
    We are both using Outlook 2003 SP2.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

Is your Pc on a network ?, the attachment may be blocked because of this ?... try asking the person sending the mail to rename the attachments extension to a known allowed one ( .doc maybe ? )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lynnfurlonger

It is on a network, but the same policy is used for all PCs/users. So the fact that I received the email should rule that out. Renaming the doc is not really what I want to do as he is a director of the company and not very computer savvy. I also forwarded the PDF doc onto him internally which he received ok.

Sorry maybe i should read have read the scenario properly lol,
    maybe if u send another mail to that address with an attachment as a test again ( send from an external account, a webmail account or whatever ) , just to confirm it is still happening

I tried that, sent the same attachment and it got through. Asked the original sender to send it again and it didnt come through. But Im not sure if that means its just that email address or if its their mail system being used, or if its settings in the mail account here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Have you checked the rules on the user's outlook?

• Advertisement

well the problem musnt be on the senders side as it came through to your account. what would be best to do is send a new mail, from an external account, with a different attachment and see if the attachment gets through, this will elimante alot of possibilities.

Theres no rules on the mailbox and no junk mail recipients or anything like that.
    I sent another different PDF document from an external source and that got through fine.

Hard to call so , but if u were able to receive that last test u sent id say its ok........ maybe try one more just to be sure.

It is hard to call, but I asked them to send the original again and it still didnt come through so now my boss is doubting our email system and ive no reason to give him. Thanks for your help anyway

double check the settings in outlook on the pc, Views, filters etc............

• Advertisement

Double checked everything, no rules or filters. Did a detect and repair incase that was the problem. no luck.

Advertisement