Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire - strange, very strange...

• 28-06-2006 10:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭

I (well, my house, because it was un-named) just got a "Many thanks for your recent purchase of Clearwire Broadband" letter. Customer care guy told me to the phone the person who signed it, his mobile number is going direct to voicemail...

Now, I definately didn't subscribe to Clearwire, and I haven't been couriered out a Clearwire modem. I -think- I gave them my adress for a coverage check once but I also gave them my name, meaning it'd be a pretty big screw up if their system both managed to lose my name and "subscribe" me. And that was months ago too.

Does anyone know if this is usual practice for them (somehow), and if their system even allows nameless subscriptions? And surely they'd not send the letter out unless its been paid for?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Inside Job ???

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

MYOB wrote:
    I (well, my house, because it was un-named) just got a "Many thanks for your recent purchase of Clearwire Broadband" letter. Customer care guy told me to the phone the person who signed it, his mobile number is going direct to voicemail...

Now, I definately didn't subscribe to Clearwire, and I haven't been couriered out a Clearwire modem. I -think- I gave them my adress for a coverage check once but I also gave them my name, meaning it'd be a pretty big screw up if their system both managed to lose my name and "subscribe" me. And that was months ago too.

Does anyone know if this is usual practice for them (somehow), and if their system even allows nameless subscriptions? And surely they'd not send the letter out unless its been paid for?

Hmm, as in your title, strange, very strange! Have you been renting, or just moved in? Another thing is that maybe the number of the house was wrong, maybe your next door neighbour has it?

Who was the person who signed the letter? I wonder if they really do work for clearwire?

Advertisement