Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Clancy Festival advice

Options
  • 28-06-2006 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Heya. Can anyone share their experiences of the Willie Clancy festival? I was thinking iof bringing a visitor there next Saturday the 1st of July. Im presumeing there will be loads of Trad sessions? What are the chances of finding somewhere to stay. Is it worth going there the first night. Will there still be a decent crowd around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Will there still be a decent crowd around?
    Well, I'll be there so by definition I'd say the crowd will be extra-super-decent.

Apparently it gets going from the start so the crowd should be well-populated. For finding somewhere to stay I'd start calling around now, apparently accommodations get full during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Siun

I'm heading down there on Sun or Mon for a couple of nights. It's been 2 or 3 years since I last went but yes it gets going from the first day. I play a few tunes & let me tell you it's the best trad festival in the country every year. I only barely got off work to go for a few nights so I'm taking a tent with me & praying that I won't have to use it!!! Although from past experience people book their accom a year in advance. Most people come back year after year after year! I'll try for a B&B but am not hopeful... a tent... yuck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 giggidtygig2

Heya. Can anyone share their experiences of the Willie Clancy festival? I was thinking iof bringing a visitor there next Saturday the 1st of July. Im presumeing there will be loads of Trad sessions? What are the chances of finding somewhere to stay. Is it worth going there the first night. Will there still be a decent crowd around?

Any updates on how it went?

Advertisement