Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trying so hard

• 28-06-2006 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Im not really sure what Im looking for posting this. A bit of advice I guess.

We are both in our late 20’s.

We have both said that we love each other, and I do love him dearly.

Im just not sure about him anymore. Im to the point where I think that, already, we should take a break.

The last few weeks, there has been a bit of sniping and winding each other up.

I just want both of us to be happy. Last night, there was more sniping. I tried to laugh it off. We went to bed to go to sleep and he totally ignored me. I said to him “would be nice to have a kiss and a cuddle before we go to sleep”. He turned around and said that he always gives me kisses and cuddles (he doesn’t). That this was the 21st century and that women also had to make moves on men (all that for a kiss and cuddle). Anyways, in the mornings, we normally tell each other that we love each other and to have a good day, but this time we both said nothing, and just looked at each other. I left.

Am trying so hard, that I am starting to burn out. I don’t know if I have any options left but to ask for a break. Im sure he wouldn’t even care (he is sooooo laid back – something that bugs me a bit). I just want to two of us to be happy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

How long are the 2 of you going out?

You should be sure of him, if he's meant to be the one for you.
    It doesn't sound like he is, so my advice:- life's too short, move on, find someone you are sure about & be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Have you tried sitting down and talking to him rather than sniping?

One tip is to write down what you have to say in point form and not get sidetracked.
    Ask your partner to do the same.
    It may clear the air, or help you to decide where you are going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Burnt out wrote:
    Am trying so hard, that I am starting to burn out. I don’t know if I have any options left but to ask for a break. Im sure he wouldn’t even care (he is sooooo laid back – something that bugs me a bit). I just want to two of us to be happy.

I'm sure that's not the case.

But it does sound like ye need to honestly talk about the situation. Be frank, be honest. Don't knit pick or score points. It shouldn't be this much of a struggle. Something is fundamentally wrong.

You can't go on like this. So you have to be honest and open and tell him of your concerns.

Ask him what he needs out of the relationship? Ask him where it doesn't seem to be working for him.

Then tell him what you need out of it and where it isn't working for you.

Advertisement