Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health service

Options
  • 28-06-2006 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Theres so much talk about the health service and the problems etc. but I dunno how many people know what hours the health service work (apart from a&e)

I have done IT work in the past in the countrys hospitals and they finish up work at about half four usually. On a Friday they nearly always have a half day.

What is the frigin story? Is this not something Harney should have put a stop to immediately?

Comments

It's difficult to change such a culture and all that goes with it overnight, but implementing such change should be a priority for the government. Changing health service funding levels alone won't eradicate that type of inefficiency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

mmmm, you wouldn't think there would be much to sorting out this. I think its crazy. How many hours do these people work? Most of these people are probably on salaries. They should be working a full week.

Probably not a huge amount of effort to solve this one issue, but it's just one of a whole load of similar small problems that need to be fixed for the health service to function efficiently. How long do you think everyone takes for lunch breaks, Do people get disciplined if they're hungover and don't bother coming in, Excessive mileage allowances for travelling etc. Often those who should be reforming these practices have a vested interest in seeing them continue.

Advertisement