Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Hsoting for Business

Options
  • 28-06-2006 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know a cheap hosting solution for business with a good shopping cart.

i will only be selling one product so only need a basic solution.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

try hosting365.ie or blackknight.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I use this outfit: Dreamhost.com
    They have several features you can install for free on your site including Zen-Cart.
    I haven't used it but it's there. $119 per year including domain if you need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

$119 seems steep for a simple site, no? Are you biased in that the link you gave is a referral link from which you (or whoever owns that affiliate ID) stands to gain up to $97?

Most hosts (including Blacknight/H365 as already mentioned) offer a control panel and easy installation of scripts such as shopping carts, and for a fair whack less than $119.

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

cgarvey wrote:
    $119 seems steep for a simple site, no? Are you biased in that the link you gave is a referral link from which you (or whoever owns that affiliate ID) stands to gain up to $97?

Most hosts (including Blacknight/H365 as already mentioned) offer a control panel and easy installation of scripts such as shopping carts, and for a fair whack less than $119.

.cg
    $119 = 93.20 euro = 7.76p/m. Not outragous for what you get. I looked at the ones you mentioned above before (last year and this year) and Dreamhost had more on offer for that money. I have 9 domains hosted (3 parked), 3000 email addys, 20gb of storage that increases every week and 1TB of transfer that increases week. Thats on top of a good control panel, easy to install scripts and FTP. The closest I remember was around 8 euro p/m for 1gb of storage, 10GB of transfer and around 300 emails.
    I don't know if thats a referral link or not. I copied and pasted out of my favourites. Thats what I use to access the site everyday. I'm not biased at all. The OP asked for suggestions and I gave him one.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I use Hosting365 for my development project, they have great customer service with Irish freephone, you would get faster speeds to Irish customers from Dublin

starts at 39.99 without a domain for basic hosting, I got the Linux Basic package for 99 euro though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

jjbrien wrote:
    Does anybody know a cheap hosting solution for business with a good shopping cart.

i will only be selling one product so only need a basic solution.

Blacknight.ie

Advertisement