Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best creation...

Options
  • 28-06-2006 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

...And I mean your own freehand creation, not from a set - just from whatever bricks and pieces you had/have at your disposal.

I once made a very small replica of my school (3 floors high) using all of mine and my brothers bricks. Attempted a mansion style house too once but ran out of windows :) My mum took photos of them at the time but don't know what happened to them.

What has been your proudest Lego moment? (post pics if you have them!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

I built a two storey gate lodge with all the same rooms as our house at home (which is a former lodge btw!) I built cupboards (windows with shutters and a shelf above), included a telly (window fram with 'glass'), sofa, beds (ends made with lego trellis), bathroom etc. Also di the garden like ours at home with loads of plastic lego flowers and trees. i was so proud of it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I built a Chinook once , had rear doors and everything and carried a small platoon of men. Real blinky flashy lights and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I once built a little car it was well hard when I was 7 had help from the parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

a helicopter and articulated truck...pics to follow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭kirving

A really long Articulated truck, coca cola logo on the side. Also a castle type thing that could withstand a bicycle lock dropped from about 10 feet onto it. Also a coulpe of safes with crazy lego technic locks on them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Replica of the original Battlestar Galactica tbh... Had the Viper launch bays and the landing pads. Even made a couple of tiny Colonial Vipers with 2 flat 3X3X1 pieces and a flat clear plastic 1X1X1, lame I know ;) Never had any pics or anything and the colours were horrendous cause of my limited supplies, but that was half the battle! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I remember building a 'skyscraper' once that would have probably blown over in a faint breeze but somehow managed to stay stood in my bedroom. For some reason to this day I even remember that it was exactly 6ft tall and I was wildly impressed at how tall it was. Ironic considering I'm taller than that now myself.

I also used to recreate a lot of Star Wars stuff and various football stadia (very small scale - 1 square probably represented 100 seats or something). I made a promise to myself that if I ever became a billionaire I'd buy 100,000 of those stanard "seat" pieces and build a stadium to that scale. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ed.

A big airport fire tender - made it 10 bricks wide so I could fit 2 legomen in the front side by side,put sirens on it and all :D . Pity I didnt have the small technic wheels and could only use the 4 brick wide wheels :o

I so miss childhood now

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭El Nick

Favourite mindstorms creation - This remote-controlled car.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=53433

Two motors at the back driven off the same output to make it go really fast, and rack and pinion steering in front - Had trouble gearing down the steering so it wasn't insanely fast (I had a version where if you turned too suddenly it would shoot the "rack" part of the steering out the side of the assembly.)

Man - I haven't built anything cool out of lego in ages. I'm having a lego weekend.

Nick.

Advertisement