Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

what Cars have you owned?

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Robbo wrote:
    2003: 03 MG ZR 105++, Stacked
    2006-present: 00 VW Polo GTI
    Add to that a 00 Audi A4 Avant Quattro Sport 1.8T, I've been busy this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

pburns wrote:
    For jaysus sake, Fernando Alonso would be using all his skills doing all that!

Always nervous of left-foot braking on the roads. I can do it in a kart all where the driving position makes it easier to co-ordinate both feet (and crashing doesn't have the same consequences).

BTW, some F1 drivers such as Barrichello aren't too hot on left foot braking but I doubt an F1 car has any similarity with road-car techniques...

All of my experiments with left foot braking, using the handbrake and unsettling the car before the corner to stop understeer have been done on private roads, and gravel tracks.

I am not going to do them tricks on the public road, as having the arse of the car sideways as Mrs Murphy comes the other way can be scary!

Left foot braking is mainly used by rally drivers. To see it in action, get the video of Walter Rohl driving the S1 Audi Quattro and watch the feet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

88 Civic Si
    91 Civic Si
    95 Civic 1.3
    91 Civic VTi

(All were imports - first two were little rockets, especially for a first car - 1.6 DOHC)

95 BMW 320i Coupe
    92 CRX Del Sol (needed a cheap car for a new job)
    00 BMW 328 ci - current
    89 BMW 325i se - current

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ace101

97 Lancer 1.4 GLX
    99 Polo 1L Yawn
    68 Ford Mustang G380 J1 summer. Only cost 800 dollars wish I still had it
    98 Xantia 1.6
    99 Mondao Used to play cop in it
    01 Golf [bit dull]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭damo605

88 Corolla 1.3GL (Sprinter Shape) - Loved it
    93 Primera 1.6SLX - Loved it
    93 BMW 520i Auto - Heap of Sh1te (if I seen it I'd throw a match at it)
    90 Corolla 1.3XL - Liked & trusted it
    93 605 2.0Sli - Would marry it (And should have)
    93 Safrane 2.0 RXE - Doesn't get much more comfy
    95 Accord Aerodeck 2.0LS Auto - Quick anonymous transport for the introverted and his dog.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

damo605 wrote:
    93 BMW 520i Auto - Heap of Sh1te (if I seen it I'd throw a match at it)

:eek: You can't say that you'll get thrown out of the forum! ;) What happened to your 'ultimate driving machine'?.

Mike.

Advertisement