Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extending the cables on a All in one speaker setup

• 28-06-2006 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Hi There,

I am currently re-housing my dvd player in a cabinet and need to extend one of the speaker cables on a dedicated home cinema speaker system.

The are just the simple easy colour coded speaker wires that are found in run of the mill speakers sets.

Will any shop just do this for me or do I need to do it myself and if so - how?

Anyone know what the cable is called and do I need to solder it together (sweating now as I am not technical)

Any help appreciated (especially advice on where to go for someone to do it for me)? Maplins???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Maplin should do everything you need:

Get some speaker cable and a crimping set:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=44094&doy=28m6

Snip the existing wires and crimp an extension. The crimps will look a little unsightly so make sure they're hidden, but the joins will be perfect.

Make sure you don't reverse the polarity of the speaker cables, keep + connected to +

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

Excellent stuff (again pH)

Thanks very much for the advice , will see how I get on!

Advertisement