Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom FWA

Options
  • 28-06-2006 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Has anybody any experience of FWA broadband?

From their website: "eircom fixed wireless access (FWA) packet delivers broadband Internet speeds ... 33% of the population can avail of this technology."

I've seen houses with the FWA 'phone service' antennas - generally new build, deep rural - but I've not run across anybody with the data service. Does it actually exist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

The stats they gave the Oireachtas are that there are 500 customers using FWA or Satellite. There are a few people on boards using it and as far as I know. The trick is actually getting it. I know someone that pushed eircom enough that they offered to install it at 700euros install and about €50 a month for a 512k connection.

Advertisement