Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Change to Sky "Other Channels"

• 28-06-2006 2:18pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, tried doiing a search but can't find any replies relating to HTPC's among the hundreds of others about sky's other channels

has anyone figured out a way of getting their htpc ti change to the other channel menu a sky box to allow them to record bbc3/4 ad utv? so that if you select say utv in your epg it will send the correct commands (Services, other channels and select the right channel)?

I'm running mediaportal, but it should be a common problem to all pvr software

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

I am using media portal and I managed to hack a solution to get the epg send IR signals to control the other channels sky functionality.

One of the big advantages of media portal for me is that the source code is available, I took the source code for the MyBlaster plugin and modified it so that if you give an epg channel number 0000 myblaster.dll will sent signals to select the first item on on your other channels menu 0001 the second 0002 the third etc.

You can get the dll from my site

http://www.mikedonovan.org/MyBlaster.dll

This was designed to work with a grundig set top box.

NOTE:This work was a hack so I am not releasing it to the general media portal community but feel free to use it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

thanks for that, i'll give it a go!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

did you get this to work?
    what do you do about accessing the "red button" features.
    i was thinking of switching to sky with mce,
    bu was wondering if you can still access the features?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

sorry, been out of town on business. I'ma lso having an issue with mediaportal recordings, so i need to updat to latest version to try and fix that, so it'll be after that before i get to try it

Advertisement