Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom & Caller ID

Options
  • 28-06-2006 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Please move this thread if I'm not in the right place.

I moved from Eircom to Smart over two months ago. We use them for both phone use and broadband.

Since we moved, caller ID has not been working on our phone. With almost 2 calls per week to Smart to sort the problem, the issue has come down to our phone and it's incompatibility with their caller id system.

We currently use a BT synergy handset which was compatible with the Eircom system. They don't have a list of compatible phones so they are trying to send me on a wild goose chase with some trial and error to find a phone that works. They said, try Binatone...bought one, didn't work. They said then that only some Binatone phones work.

So does anyone know of a phone that does work? I need a digital cordless phone with answering machine.

Note: beware anyone changing to Smart, not only did they not tell us our number was changing (didn't find out until people stopped calling us), but they did not tell us that caller id may not work. 2 months down the road and we're still waiting for it to be sorted. Customer service agents don't have a clue, each of them has an opinion, none of them have a true technical answer.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You could try raising the caller id issue in the Smart forums:

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/

You must be one of the few people in the known universe that did not know that changing to Smart requires you to change your number! And it is clearly stated on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

dub45 wrote:
    You could try raising the caller id issue in the Smart forums:

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/

You must be one of the few people in the known universe that did not know that changing to Smart requires you to change your number! And it is clearly stated on their website.

Hadn't seen it on their website at the time. Plus it was supposedly stated on form but sales guy used a PDA to sign me up so saw nothing really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Any one but eircom... change again... try oyster.com...

Advertisement