Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Book Club

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Deer wrote: »
    Okay:

Bookclub is on 3rd August in Wine Bar in Washington Street at 8.30pm and the book is Princess Bride by William Goldman:D

Deer

Why do i live in Dublin now days?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Well nothing stopping you joining the Dublin one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dj koshka

hi there

sounds interesting. i have been looking for something like that for ages. i love reading too. when and where do you meet? could i come along? if you want to know anything about me just ask.

tanja:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eoconnor

Hi!
    The book club sounds great, is it still going? I'd be very interested in joining,
    Eileen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dj koshka

unfortunatley i don' t have any info on book club. how about setting one up? there is a cafe in barrack street called utopia nation which is lovely and serves wine. they music and comedy on some nights, but i could try to find out which nights they don't and we could meet up and just start something.

tanja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 anocht

I have just moved to Cork and would be v interested in a book club(epecially if its not on a Wed night!)
    Would love to hear if ye had any luck getting one going

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭corkgal1981

Hi, just wondering if anyone had any luck finding/setting up a book club in Cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 anocht

not so far.............should we start our own??

Why not?! Anyone else out there interested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Fr Clint Power

I would be interested in this....especially if it started after the european championships :)

When does that end? (Im hopeless with sports)!! I wonder where would be a suitable place to hold a meeting? Pub/cafe? Would have to be somewhere fairly quiet. Might be an idea to post a new thread for this on the Cork board.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 deedly

hi just wondering do ye still have book club in cork

deedly wrote: »
    hi just wondering do ye still have book club in cork

Hi,

Yes we do indeed! Theres a sticky for it on the Cork boards page. Next meeting is 6th April & we're reading Hold Tight by Harlan Coben. We meet at 8pm in Reidys bar on the Western Rd. PM me if you have any further questions. Hope to see you at club sometime :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 murph200

Hi just want to let all you book lovers know of a great book fair coming up in Delvin, Co. Westmeath. The event will take place on Sunday 2nd May 2010 between 12 and 6 pm. There are over 20,000 titles on sale with paperbacks just 50c and hardbacks €1.00. Celebrity readers will read on the day from the renowned novel, 'The Valley of the Squinting Windows.' For those of you who are not aware of this novel and the consequences that followed its publication, you should look it up it makes interesting reading.
    murph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jotwo

Hi,
    Just wondering if this club is still running, how many members ye have and if ye're open to new people joining?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

jotwo wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering if this club is still running, how many members ye have and if ye're open to new people joining?

Cheers

Hey Jotwo,
    There's a book club just started up over on the Cork forum, we had our first meeting last week. We're reading Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf as the first book, the link is here if you wanna join us? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lewisevans777

Hello. I just thought I'd drop you a line in case you felt like having another book club evening on the 12, 13 or 14th of this month (July). I will be visiting Cork city, and would love to opportunity to talk with your club about my new novel.
    http://www.hominine.info
    If you are interested, please email me at lewis@lewisevans.net
    Best regards,
    Lewis Evans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gerrysikora

Hi

Is this book group still active - I would be keen to join. Where and when do you meet?.

Advertisement