Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volkswagen Golf new model

Options
  • 28-06-2006 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

Are there any differences at all in the bodies of the car between varients like baseline/comfortline/sportline.... looking to get one for the missus but I think there are a few people trying to pass baselines off as other models!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

i think the sportline/highline has a small rear spoiler. there is no difference in the BODYWORK between base and comfortline, there is differences in the interior though. namely armrest, better quality seats etc in the comfortline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

The Comfort and Base are the very same externally, Sportline has body couloured mouldings on the front bumper and door panels and also body coloured handles on the doors,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

The only difference I know off is between the Comfortline(&prob base too) & Sportsline.
    Only the Sportsline has body coloured bumpers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I just spent 15k kms in a Golf Plus baseline..........and boy was it basic. Seats were appalling. No aircon or climate, I nearly died..........

The DSG gearbox, on the other hand, was the dog's............no more manual's for me........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

Don't be fooled by sportline. Its not like trendline in the older model .Its still a basic enough car. Had one for 24hrs last week. Seats aren't great, has stiffer suspension than base or comfortline, but not much different from a baseline in truth. Comfortline is the one with most extras. As was said, armrest is trademark feature, not in the others. I have to say though, I much prefer my own mkIV comfortline than the mkV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I'd prefer the MK IV myslef too, it's a higher quality car than the MKV

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Baseline is the entry level model and has electric front windows, electric heated door mirrors, remote central locking and cd player.

The Comfortline adds, 15" alloy wheels, comfortline seats, rear centre arm rest, electric windows front and back, trip computer, titanium trim in the doors and dashboard, automatic headlights and rain sensing wipers.

The Sportline has 16" alloy wheels, lowered sports suspension, fully colour coded bumpers, door handles and side mouldings, aluminium trim in the doors and dashboard.

I'm afraid air conditioning is an optional extra on nearly all Golf models, it only became standard on the GTi recently afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Thanks for the advice, I was going to get a 03 1.6highline, bu it was sold before I got to it and so I decided to get a new model 1.4comfortline - Might go back to looking for a MKIV though.

Advertisement