Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Works stops on ring-road...again.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

oh ffs. this is beyond a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

NO YORE A JOKE ;)

Sure, it wouldn't be Ireland if things went smoothly!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Lump wrote:
    NO YORE A JOKE ;)

Sure, it wouldn't be Ireland if things went smoothly!

This is exactly the kind of flippant attidude of Irish people- we are paying taxes ffs- we are entitled to some kind of decent infrastruture and services!

This has been planned for over 20 years and is hardly rocket science in this day and age to build 4.5 km of road, it's madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

TBH, I live in London, so don't pay taxes, hence I can jest about the situation in Kilkenny (My home town)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

mfitzy wrote:
    This is exactly the kind of flippant attidude of Irish people- we are paying taxes ffs- we are entitled to some kind of decent infrastruture and services!

This has been planned for over 20 years and is hardly rocket science in this day and age to build 4.5 km of road, it's madness.

whole heartedly agree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Looks like work has resumed. I passed the site this morning and they had the usual guy out on the road stopping/moving traffic, and a few excavators moving about.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Stephen wrote:
    Looks like work has resumed. I passed the site this morning and they had the usual guy out on the road stopping/moving traffic, and a few excavators moving about.

Hope you're right, we need this so badly-like 15 years ago even!Was out the Johnswell rd the other day and could see no sign of equipment or anything on site.The contractor should never have been choosen in the first place- apparently they were way over budget on a previous road realignment in 3castles!
    Keep us updated as to what you see anyway!!

Advertisement