Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV dowland cap

• 28-06-2006 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

I have been a UTV quicksilver customer for 2 years. I have consistently downloaded about 6 gig a month - always and have never exceeded the cap before.

Just yesterday I noticed that they now have upgraded my 1MB line to a 2MB (only getting 1.6MB).

Then today I get an email saying that I'm about to go bust on my 12GB limit. No way have I downloaded 12GB. Even with the improved speed I haven't changed my browsing habits and even if the fast speed is bringing in more before I jump to the next page when I'm browsing it couldn't account for 5 or 6 gig.

Are there any UTV quicksilver customers out there who are also about to exceed their cap and are suspicious?

My suspicions are that they would like me to sign up for the unlimited cap to extract another 5.99 out of me and just sent me that email to see if I would bite. Easy money for them if they do a bulk email and catch out x number of customers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

yeah bud im nearly hitting 13 gigs now ..my limit is 12 gb..im going unlimited starting from next friday so it doesnt bother me..you are better going with unlimited in anyways..i have noticed some times that my allowance rises up quite fast some days and slower on others ..they could be making it rise up sometimes but im not sure..going unlimited for an extra 6 euro wont hurt and it will save you a lot of money if you were to go over the limit on certain months..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Yeah, I'm thinking of going for unlimited option, I'm bearly squeezing under the measly 12GB. Anyway, €35.98 is still cheaper than eircom's €39.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

IM on the unlimited gimic atm, ive downloaded 32GB already and uploaded 22GB :D Those biatchs are goin to pay for treating me like **** for the past year and a half. I get a max of 512kbps downstream when im ment to be on the 3MB line, i mean wtf! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

yeah but thats only peaktimes isnt it

Advertisement