Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poll out of World Cup

• 28-06-2006 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

Poll is gone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

thank god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What about the Dutch-Portugal game fella?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

mike65 wrote:

Mike.
    I'd say he is gone too.

Thank god Poll is gone hes bloody awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

shouldnt we have a poll to see if we agree with this..a poll poll or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Aparrently they have sent 14 referees home so I'm guessing after that farce he's definitley one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

lol took me while to actually see what this was about. didnt know whether to expect a poll or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Aparrently they have sent 14 referees home so I'm guessing after that farce he's definitley one of them.

Well theres only 8 games left so they would'nt need to keep all the refs anyway. Doubt theres anything sinister in the refs getting sent home, just standard practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Good, finally at least one of the football authorities have realised what an awful referee he is. The Premier League should do the same thing and boot him out of England's top flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

He's gone too after that Farce.

http://home.skysports.com/worldcup/article.aspx?HLID=399198&CPID=4&title=Poll+axed+from+World+Cup&lid=&channel=worldcup2006&f=rss&clid=0

Kind of slid in at the bottom of the article

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

The ref from Span v France was a good ref....game flowed well...ok the players helped a lot, but I thought he handled the game well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Lex Luthor wrote:
    The ref from Span v France was a good ref....game flowed well...ok the players helped a lot, but I thought he handled the game well.

Agree totally. he was excellent :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

sniff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Good, finally at least one of the football authorities have realised what an awful referee he is. The Premier League should do the same thing and boot him out of England's top flight.

What's he done in the premierleague? Don't remember him having any specifically bad games...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Stekelly wrote:
    Well theres only 8 games left so they would'nt need to keep all the refs anyway. Doubt theres anything sinister in the refs getting sent home, just standard practice.
    I was never implying there was - just that the 'worst' referees would be those in the group bring sent home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Apparently there is no truth in the rumour that he booked his flight home three times......

(yeah yeah, I'll get me coat)

TAXI for BolBill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Has quit international matchs now and just doing PL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

I haven't seen it yet but apparently he was nearly crying on Sky News when he made the announcement!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

rcs wrote:
    I haven't seen it yet but apparently he was nearly crying on Sky News when he made the announcement!!
    just seen it on sky,i feel quite sorry for the guy

Advertisement