Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrgghhh, this is driving me crazy - getting site hosted :)

Options
  • 28-06-2006 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hey folks.

You've been good enough to help in the past so I'm back for more :)

Have purchased a site through cleverdot.com .

www.photographyireland.net

I already have paid hosting with www.enom.com and a site running off of them without any problems. That site was purchased via netsol.com.

I've configured the enom part as I did with my other site.

On cleverdot.com you just get to enter in the dns entries for the primary and secondary NS which for enom is dns1.name-services.com and dns2.name-services.com

However the site is not coming up. FYI on netsol you can setup the @/cname entries etc....

Anyhow, if I run the site by http://pingability.com/zoneinfo.jsp?domain=photographyireland.net

I get a bunch of errors being returned eg. no A record. no www subdomain etc...

As the subject says this is driving me nuts. enom say its cleverdot and cleverdot say it needs to be configured on enom.

Can any of you good folks help out ?

Much appreciated
    Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Doing an nslookup on dns1.name-services.com for photographyireland.net gives

DNS server handling your query: dns1.name-services.com
    DNS server's address: 69.25.142.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
    *** Can't find photographyireland.net: No answer

So the issue definately lies with DNS record configuration on enoms systems. Get on to their support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭mtracey

Thanks. I've sent off your info to them.
    I'll let you know how I get on.

cheers
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Its takes 24 to 48 hours for a DNS change to propagate to the new DNS settings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I queried the name server that is authoritive and is supposed to hold the record itself. Propagation is not an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

That non-authoritive thing is due to the DNS change, it takes 24-48 hours for all this to finish updating, i only went though this process 2 weeks ago with 3 domains!

• Advertisement

Had no joy with enom, he is there answer. I've sent it off to cleverdot.com to see if they can do anything for me.

reply was:

using our nameservers at the other registry will not work. Our nameservers will not respond to the domain name. You need to modify the data in the zone file at the remote host to point to the hosting account as specified below.

Host Name
    Record Type
    Address
    web host settings to input at the registrar side:
    CNAME
    mtracey.ehost-services100.com
    @
    A (Address)
    any other host header
    CNAME
    mtracey.ehost-services100.com

You must do this or subscribe to DNS Hosting via Host a Name under the domains menu. Anything else will fail.

Thanks folks for the help.

cleverdot.com have fixed the issue.

Mark

Advertisement