Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scope???

Options
  • 28-06-2006 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

Right, as most of you know ive got a deposit on a rifle
    (Brno 452 varmint .17 Hmr),

Now to my question

I want to get a Schmidt&Bender scope, its top class, 4–16 x 50 Varmint

http://www.schmidtbender.com/varmintscopes.shtml

I want to get it a cheap as possible, yes i realise its a schmidt&bender cheap doesnt come into it, but i dont want to get ripped off for it, as i would do in this country!!!

So anyone know where i might order it from England/USA???

Or alternatively somewhere in leinster that wont take the p!ss with the price

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

These are german sites,with English translation service.
    www.egun.de
    is a good bet somtimes for cheap equipment,if you can manage the Ebay style bidding.
    www.frankonia.de is another good bet or www.schmidtbender.de that makes the things in the first place.
    Getting it from the US,is fine if you can get them to play the lower than declared value game.But it is getting more difficult,not to mind some dealers are becoming post 9/11 paranoid about shipping outside CONUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

Does €1200 sound alright for a Schmidt and Bender 3 - 12x50

http://www.schmidtbender.com/scopes_variable.shtml

4th scope from the top!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭TomBeckett

newby.204 wrote:

€1200:eek: is it illuminated???
    I payed €1475 for mine it is illuminated now that was a year and a half ago
    perhaps they have gone down in price!!! Great scope dough top of the range:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

newby.204 wrote:

I am so jealous

TomBeckett wrote:
    €1200:eek: is it illuminated???
    I payed €1475 for mine it is illuminated now that was a year and a half ago
    perhaps they have gone down in price!!! Great scope dough top of the range:)

No its bog standard, fine-duplex reticle!!!!!!

Veg i figure its an investment, comes with 30 year garauntee, if i get another rifle in a higher caliber, which i intend to when my accuracy is up in bout 2/3 years, i can always slap another scope on top of the Brno you know!!!

Family reckon "a fool and his money are easily parted" but they just dont get it, i have just bought the porche of scopes!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭17REM

newby.204 wrote:
    No its bog standard, fine-duplex reticle!!!!!!

Veg i figure its an investment, comes with 30 year garauntee, if i get another rifle in a higher caliber, which i intend to when my accuracy is up in bout 2/3 years, i can always slap another scope on top of the Brno you know!!!

Family reckon "a fool and his money are easily parted" but they just dont get it, i have just bought the porche of scopes!!!!!!
    should a bought a nightforce!! then u have a lambo!

What exactly is a nightforce?????

If it was anymore expensive than €1200 it can stay on the shelf, its takin me ages to get this much dosh together, my orig budget was like €500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭17REM

dearer than 1200 alright, wasn't one bit sorry when i bought it tho! its more of a target scope really but works grand for anythin i do mostly foxin, cant go wrong wit da s&b tho only thing put me off was crosshair gettin bigger with zoom which s&b have now changed on the new one

Advertisement