Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting rid of stubborn stains

• 28-06-2006 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

:o An embarassing question, but one i need to ask, coz i can't seem to find a solution. What is the best way of getting rid of stains on knickers (the obvious iremovable stains).:confused:

Help, before I throw away any more of my underwear.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

wash them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Leave them soaking in some detergent for a while and then wash normally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

stain devils!stain devils!stain devils!

Or Vanish stuff... bah! stain devils ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Daz. Keeps your whites, whiter than white.

Kindly sponsered by the KKK

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I am amazed by the amount of males who are experts in the field of getting stains out of ladies underwear.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If its blood, rinse in cold water first, hot water sets the stain. Then wash as normal, use good detergent and the hottest setting suitable for the fabric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I'm amazed that I'm the only male thats thinking what KatieK is thinking... :o

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I'm amazed that I'm the only male thats thinking what KatieK is thinking... :o
    Im just the only one who said it. Dont see any issue with it, happens to half the population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

More than half actually! No big! Don't worry OP, I've seen worse results come from menstruating women, none of which I care to recall... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Rabies wrote:
    Kindly sponsered by the KKK

And don't forget Marlboro aswell..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 agrady

Mirror wrote:
    More than half actually! No big! Don't worry OP, I've seen worse results come from menstruating women, none of which I care to recall... :eek:

Significantly less than half actually.. firstly there are more men than women in Ireland (1001 males to every 1000 females - see http://www.cso.ie/census)

Secondly take into consideration that not all females are menstruating, those that haven't reached puberty / are post-menopause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

ok then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

seansouth wrote:

God Damn joo, was just about to suggest the same.

HI I'M BARRY SCOTT FTW

Not bein funny, but would you not just buy new ones? Pennys are great for the aul disposable undies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

KatieK wrote:
    If its blood, rinse in cold water first, hot water sets the stain. Then wash as normal, use good detergent and the hottest setting suitable for the fabric.

if you put salt in the cold water it'll also help remove blood stains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 grahamb

Is it wrong that Im totally aroused by this convo????:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

KatieK wrote:

its like Dragging one subject into another subject and making a link

I laughed for 5 min when i read this ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Ever heard of pads Missus??? You buy them and insert in the knickers and they absorb all the..the ..erm stuff.You can then dispose of them as they are yes, disposable.
    In the unlikely event of getting the knickers stained..soak in cold water and then use any stain removal product and bingo...pristine knickers just in case you are run over by a bus.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

This thread is taking the pi$s!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Anybody have any tips for removing black Ink?? I managed to destroy a pair of Jeans by spilling black Tesco Re-Fill ink on them the other day which was linked to this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Panty liners if you are female and the stains are not period related.
    Making sure you take the time to wipe and blot properly will make a difference.
    Urine does have bleaching poperties and trace ammounts can bleach the gusset of underwear.

If your male the wipe properly also applies.

Underwear has a finite life span and it is actually a good idea to get new under wear regularlly and throw out the old ones.

Advertisement