Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many of you Lc'ers work?

Options
  • 28-06-2006 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

just curious as to how many of ye actually have jobs - and i dont mean picking strawberries for 2 weeks. decent jobs with regular income :cool:

Dost thou work? 11 votes

Yes, i have a job
    0% 0 votes
    No, i am unemployed
    100% 11 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I have a weekend job, plan on keeping it on for most of next year if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

i was too lazy to go look for a job!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

I don't need a job thank god, couldnt stand being told what to do by someone probably less educatedthen myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭helles belles

just started my first job today. i suck at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

i had planned on getting one, sent my CV out to about 6 places.
    that was about a month ago.

then did nothing more about it.. did exams.. and right now i havent been at home for more than a day since i finished.. and im wrecked.. so a job would not be good.

i SHOULD try actually get one, but meh..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shane0312

*Tripper* wrote:
    I don't need a job thank god, couldnt stand being told what to do by someone probably less educatedthen myself.

The smell of arrogance off that.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Pooh, work. Smell-y!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

I'm currently looking. I just want somewhere to work a few hours (maybe 4/5 hours a day for 5 days a week).

I started mine about 7 months ago, took June off and I'm back on Saturday....sort of looking forward to it, been working in a Primary school this week...! Desperate need for money lately :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I WANT and NEED a job, but I cant bring myself to get a shlty job in tescos, newsagent etc... want something different... Like professional ice cream flavour tester, or video game reviewer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

I was working in a swimming club all year! But that's out until Septemeber. I am now trying to get a job. I had one delivering post in my hands except the last question the guy asked me was did I have a provisional licence to drive the post van/car thingy. Sickner that was. He told me to get it and then see. I was so close to becoming a summer post man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Like professional ice cream flavour tester, or video game reviewer.

Live to dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I'm waiting to hear back on something, apart from that I'm screwed. I fully believe (in South Dublin anyway) you can't get a job unless you have a contact. I've tried the CV thing and failed so many times that I've completely lost heart. Can't work on a building site unless you have a safe pass, all the feckin immigrants who apparently don't sleep have all the menial jobs sewn up. Bleh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

brid_m wrote:
    i was too lazy to go look for a job!!!
    Same
    I WANT and NEED a job, but I cant bring myself to get a shlty job in tescos, newsagent etc... want something different... Like professional ice cream flavour tester, or video game reviewer.
    :eek: Wat is there jobs goin for video game reviewer? :D

I think I better start lookin cos most of my m8s are startin work in a few days or have started and I am goin 2 be bored out of my mind. Also the money before going into college wud be helpful!

Cudnt work in fast food tho!!

NADA wrote:
    I was working in a swimming club all year! But that's out until Septemeber. I am now trying to get a job. I had one delivering post in my hands except the last question the guy asked me was did I have a provisional licence to drive the post van/car thingy. Sickner that was. He told me to get it and then see. I was so close to becoming a summer post man!

O_o I had you down at a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Im working two jobs now. Am a porter in a bank in bray and do some odd hours as barman in a golf club near there aswell. Being in the golf club since September 04 though and only started in bank last week. the bank is easy to do and is a great laugh, whereas the golf club is more annoying. the bad thing is, this week iv worked everyday since Sunday and am working up until Saturday night. Bank Monday -->Friday, golf club Wednesday, Friday, SAturday. Am struggling by now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

40 hour week for me down in Darby's Engineering :)

i say forty but its more like 37, i get in half an hour late every day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

No job, no jobs going here. I got €800 for doing a website for the Urban Board a few weeks back, so Im basically living off that..

I need a job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Get a job you wasters and stop scrounging off mammy and daddy! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

But thats the best way to do it and you probably get paid more!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

I thought I'd be working by now but I found out last week that I'm not starting for another two weeks. It's just a crappy part-time job locking up the library and keeping the place tidy. I've never had a job before this :p

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Unemployed, but seeking :(

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

yep i have had a job for the last 4 years, since i was 14....

time some of you "daddy's girls" stop using dadjies barclays-card roysh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

The Agogo wrote:
    yep i have had a job for the last 4 years, since i was 14....

time some of you "daddy's girls" stop using dadjies barclays-card roysh...
    i've never really had a "proper" job. i teach people how to sail, help out in dancing classes etc...but to me that's just fun! I've sent out CVs like the rest of you but so far no luck. I think i should go and call some places and make them know that I'm interested. Daddy says that I've to start earning my own cash so i can learn the value of money ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Garret wrote:
    40 hour week for me down in Darby's Engineering :)

i say forty but its more like 37, i get in half an hour late every day

Get me a job man :(:D

Advertisement