Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the new FAIL?

Options
  • 28-06-2006 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭

I checked a few numbers on different exchanges and got this result instead of the usual unsuitable/fail. New to me. Has anyone else seen it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

kaizersoze wrote:
    I checked a few numbers on different exchanges and got this result instead of the usual unsuitable/fail. New to me. Has anyone else seen it.
    very odd

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Or eircom don't have test data for your line.

If I check my number with netsource it says no information available, call sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

This is probable an eircom PR exercise to try and stop the "line failure" bad press circulating around!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

zuma wrote:
    This is probable an eircom PR exercise to try and stop the "line failure" bad press circulating around!!!
    Yeah thats what I reckon but I didn't notice it until today. The last time they changed the wording from fail to unsuitable and now to this.
    TimTim wrote:
    Or eircom don't have test data for your line.

If I check my number with netsource it says no information available, call sales.
    Na it's not that. My own line shows as a pass and I have BB. These are customers numbers looking to get BB. They're all on small rural(ish) exchanges that I doubt will ever be upgraded.
    The Netsource checker always gives me the "no information available" result aswell. The only reason I can think of is they still use the old area codes. Ours have changed and we got extra digits on our numbers.

Advertisement