Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fai Cup 3rd round draw

• 28-06-2006 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

FAI CARSLBERG CUP THIRD ROUND DRAW
    Finn Harps -v- Athlone Town
    UCD -v- Limerick
    Killester Utd -v- Dublin City
    St Patrick's -v- Dundalk
    Shamrock Rovers -v- Bohemians
    Shelbourne -v- Derry City
    Sligo Rovers -v- Bray Wanderers
    Waterford Utd -v- Longford Town

Rovers vs Bohs happy days for Rovers.

Pats buggered regardless who we got. PL teams meant to expect to win in the cup vs 1st Div teams but not when you havent won the cup in a long long time.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hmmm, we got finn harps....that could have worked out worse for us :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

**** YEAH!!!!! I was praying either the Cup or League Cup would throw us up against the Gypo's, can't bloody wait. The only downer is that I'm meant to be on holiday when they game's going to be played but I'll just have to change that. Could be a Sunday game with Shel's drawn at home too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

FAI CARSLBERG CUP THIRD ROUND DRAW     
     Finn Harps      -v- Athlone Town       
     UCD             -v- Limerick           
     Killester Utd   -v- Dublin City        
     St Patrick's    -v- Dundalk            
     Shamrock Rovers -v- Bohemians          
     Shelbourne      -v- Derry City         
     Sligo Rovers    -v- Bray Wanderers     
     Waterford Utd   -v- Longford Town

Some good games there, notabaly Rovers and Bohs. I figure the winners will come from the Shels/Derry game, whoever comes out of that should, realistically speaking, have the strength to go all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I smell revenge for Shels after last years 2nd round exit. Winner of that match should go on to win the cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I feel left out :(

Shels Derry and Bohs Rovers the pick of them. When are these ties due to be played?
    Winner of that match should go on to win the cup.

Dont know about that. When last did a big club win the cup?

• Advertisement

The weekend of August 27

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

gimmick wrote:
    Winner of that match should go on to win the cup.

My use of the word 'should' says what I mean. If all the smaller clubs read the script then Shels or Derry will go on to win it as the loser of that match, Village and Drogs will be out. However as we all know its impossible to predict what will happen in any cup competition so it's anyones cup but Shels and Derry know that if either of them win it, they'll be in a great position to take the glory as they'll be the out and out favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

gimmick wrote:
    Are Longford not a big club then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Will settle for Waterford. Ah yes the poor big clubs sure we are only here to make up the numbers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Well as said above, pick of the round looks to be Rovers v Bohs..should be a good game........C'mon the Hoops

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

KdjaC wrote:
    Rovers vs Bohs happy days for Rovers.

It's always nice when lower division minnows get a draw above their station. Sure isn't that what the Cup is for? :D

johnos wrote:
    It's always nice when lower division minnows get a draw above their station. Sure isn't that what the Cup is for? :D

Keep talking, it'll be all the sweeter when we knock you on your arse. Farrelly for president!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

johnos wrote:

Beat us 2-0 in the League Cup and deservedly so, our players had the exact same attitude as you :) Tbh they would be favourites if its form based.

Also hoping we get Jamie Duffy back from them, decent right winger :p

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

Here's a must-listen from Morning Ireland today. Enjoy! :D
    http://bohsnews.crispynews.com/article/show/8632

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Haha, hillarious! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Damn i hate the thoughts of missing the FAI cup i bloody love the feeling going to the game , and i could of had a pint with kdjac and talked about how good the w800i is ;) . Ah well back to scuba diving in koh tao :)

Enjoy and im relying on Mrjoesoap to help me out with some ACKSHUN

Advertisement