Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Clonee Exchange Problems

• 28-06-2006 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hey guys,

Anyone having problems with their Eircom connection speed on the Clonee Exchange???

I have the 2mb service and I tested mine on ISP Test etc and im getting less than a 1mb!!!

Anyone gettin the same probs.

Im in the Littlepace general area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Im in beechfield, across the road and im getting 56kps FFS!! Just off the phone to eircom and they say that ''thats auctally a good connection''. Im on a 2mb line.

They said that there is nothing wrong with my line but will get an engineer to check it for me?

Oh and it's been like this since Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 freeasabird

Im in the process of changing over to BT. Totally sick of Eircom to be honest, bloody prices, but thats another story all together!!

I will phone Eircom myself tomorrow and complain about the slow BB.

JAYSUS!!!!

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 navanman2003

Im in Ongar and I'M with BT connected to Clonee Exchange.
    My speeds have dropped drastically over the last 2 weeks. Im getting 300Kbits with irishisptest with 5% QOS. Im on the 3MB 24:1 package.
    My friend in Littleplace is on 2MB package with BT and he is getting really slow speeds.

I think the Clonee exchange is way over capacity that it can handle.

Anyone in Clonee stiil have crap download speeds on a 2mb line? A little over a week later and im getting anything as low as 18kps to 50/60kps then sometimes jumps to 160kps then right back down again!

Im talking to dime bars in Eircom, They just can't say ....yep the exchange is overloaded. At least with that statment i'd relax a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

Im talking to dime bars in Eircom

Best description I've heard for a long time !!

• Advertisement

:d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 nr2

I've been talking to BT about it and they're quite helpful. They think that there is a problem with the Clonee and Ashbourne exchanges as there's a few people suffering from slow connections. Eircom aren't being too responsive in investigating and seem to be only checking the lines between the houses and the exchanges(thats my take on it - not BT's).

What they need is everyone who is having a problem to log a fault.
    Go to http://www.irishisptest.com/ and http://u.tv/speedtest and test your line.

If it's not as fast as it should be - log a fault. You can do this on the BT website: http://btireland.custhelp.com or you can phone them on 1904.

Hopefully we'll get something sorted out soon.

It could be that the exchanges are over capacity or somethings misconfigured.

I've also heard back from BT and it looks like its up to Eircom to fix this issue.
    Back of the queue for Eircom as its not an issue with Eircom customer problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭g2e

Im in Ongar and I'M with BT connected to Clonee Exchange.
    My speeds have dropped drastically over the last 2 weeks. Im getting 300Kbits with irishisptest with 5% QOS. Im on the 3MB 24:1 package.
    My friend in Littleplace is on 2MB package with BT and he is getting really slow speeds.

I think the Clonee exchange is way over capacity that it can handle.
    what speeds should you be getting?

i never really go over 300Kbits

you should be getting close to 3Mbits a sec from irishisptest, which relates to around 350kb/sec download from websites, server.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

you should be getting close to 3Mbits a sec from irishisptest, which relates to around 350kb/sec download from websites, server.
    kb is not the same as kB!!!!!!

3Mbits is 3000kbits. How could that equate to 350kbits? It equates to 350kBytes.

Advertisement