Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Flue

Options
  • 28-06-2006 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi
    I am in the process of installing a wood pellet boiler in my shed. I am thinking of running the flue straight up through the roof as oppose to out through the wall and then up to roof level. My only difficulty with this is that I will have to remove a tile from the pitched roof and install a flashing kit. Is this a straight forward job or do I need to get a professional. Any assisstance or indeed links to sites where the process is outlined would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Hi Hawthorn _pi,

Thats a two part answer you are looking for their.

First part relative to the roof, will have major problems for you , if not done properly. There are flashing kits available, types suitable for slates, tiles, and different pitches, and different systems as well. And unless you are fairly confident in your skill set , it may be best left to a professional , for your own peace of mind.

As for the flue arrangement , again straight runs , and connections will have a differing effect on your stove performance. Dealing with both issues at once , will result in a very long thread though. Whats the spec of your pellet stove.
    There is a site I can direct you to , that will give you a comprehensive cover on both topics. So pm me.

kadman

kadman

Advertisement