Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graffiti in galway (word)

Options
  • 28-06-2006 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

who is the little bollix that has written ****in "word" everywhere ???
    love to ring his neck whoever it is
    twat.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

has "story" retired so ????

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

stop the war in irak

.......... always made me laugh
    (twas up along the canal)

& what is the slogan painted at the spanish arch?

& what was the old one? somthing about poetry???

graffiti:o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Pics??

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I still like the N E W O R D E R in big letters on the wall behind Arch Garage. The quality of graffitti in Galway is poor overall though...

'cptr

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Graffiti is of a poor standard overall. Even in college, it's Conor Newman this and Conor Newman that.

"Murt loves tits" however, is one for the ages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I still like the N E W O R D E R in big letters on the wall behind Arch Garage. The quality of graffitti in Galway is poor overall though...

'cptr

Yep i love that N E W O R D E R one too.As amateur as it is it certainly stands out.
    The one there coming down by the museum on the old wall ,something about a river flowing,whats that all about?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

padi89 wrote:
    Yep i love that N E W O R D E R one too.As amateur as it is it certainly stands out.
    The one there coming down by the museum on the old wall ,something about a river flowing,whats that all about?
    It's a load of crusty guff. Ignore.

I remember there was "Don't go wild if your mind don't work" by the back of the Jes. Notable for quoting early 90s dance queen Leila K.

Robbo wrote:
    It's a load of crusty guff. Ignore.

I remember there was "Don't go wild if your mind don't work" by the back of the Jes. Notable for quoting early 90s dance queen Leila K.

I thought the crustys had left town long ago? Dont tell me they are making a comeback.:eek:

I dont like tagging its pretty lame and pointless IMO and makes the place look like sh1t.

"J WOZ ERE"

A little touch up on the N E W O R D E R one wouldnt go astray but im sure the residents would beg to differ,cant blame them though.

QUOTE=padi89]I thought the crustys had left town long ago?[/QUOTE]
    Its gone too expensive for crustys and their addled brains don't understand the no smoking laws so they keep getting chucked out of The Small Crane. They all live in Co. Clare now - out the Tulla road and turn left at 1975...

My alltime favourite graffitto was in one of the toilets in the arts block in Trinity - 'What animal has its c unt halfway up its back? A police horse.'

'cptr

QUOTE=padi89]I thought the crustys had left town long ago?
    Its gone too expensive for crustys and their addled brains don't understand the no smoking laws so they keep getting chucked out of The Small Crane. They all live in Co. Clare now - out the Tulla road and turn left at 1975...

My alltime favourite graffitto was in one of the toilets in the arts block in Trinity - 'What animal has its c unt halfway up its back? A police horse.'

'cptr[/QUOTE]

Yep it got way too expensive for them, a good thing IMO.I ended up in the Crane Christmas eve just gone and the place was littered with them.It must have been some type of crusty reunion.

• Advertisement

The crusties I speak of are the middle class ones who like to sit in public places, with their dreads and bongos stinking up the place, as if their conspicuous consumption of low-grade soapbar gives them some kind of deep afinity with the spirit of Bob Marley.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

"Jesus Wanked" or faded letters to that effect on the wall behind the Shantalla exchange in St. Mary's.

Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Robbo wrote:
    The crusties I speak of are the middle class ones who like to sit in public places, with their dreads and bongos stinking up the place, as if their conspicuous consumption of low-grade soapbar gives them some kind of deep afinity with the spirit of Bob Marley.

Is somebody jealous???

the best graffiti in town is down by the canal near the roisin. feckin class but as usual covered in Ems + a sheep forever and all other childish bollox that scumbags think is hilarious

Aye.

To be honest, when graffiti is done well, it looks far far better than a load of concrete blocks with navy emulsion splashed over them.

Where applicable, wall sections should be designated as "Urban Art" displays, could have a system where you fire in an application + wee portfolio or sketch to the Council, the right person is in charge of selection and the successful applicant gets the go-ahead.
    Could have a few optional themes (Galway arts festival, Galway history, McVities Vs Jacobs Jaffa Cakes etc.) could be used as free/low-cost and interesting promotional material.

Good graffiti takes time. If it's authorised, the artist(s) can concentrate of the work at hand instead of worrying about being picked up by the Cicíní. Would beat the piss out of having to paint over the "Deco 4 Jacinta 4 Evr" & "Haughey Did It" every now and then.

Look past the stigma of graffiti being antisocial.
    The writing's on the wall.

There's some bollox which has painted "Uwe" or something all over the billboards across from the eye cinema and that shed as well. It looks like the exact same paint used to tag the fountain. The ones down the Spannish Arch were excellent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

In bar 903, the first toilet cubicle in the lad's jax, nearest the sink, on the back of the door is my little mark..

Tagged as "Flesh"

Can somone tell me if it's funny or if it's shít?

The word 'Flesh' is only funny when a Japanese person uses it to describe the condition of their 'Flute' when making a flesh flute sarad.

Bar 903 is so last year...

'cptr

Bar911 ftw

I'm original, me.

Bar Bit Your Eight?

Bar B!tch-you-rate

Bar Knee Rubble

'c

Robbo wrote:
    Graffiti is of a poor standard overall. Even in college, it's Conor Newman this and Conor Newman that.

"Murt loves tits" however, is one for the ages.

Is conor newman a lecturer in NUIG?

• Advertisement

Is conor newman a lecturer in NUIG?
    Apparently so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

SyxPak wrote:
    Bar911 ftw

I'm original, me.

You thieving ****

The word 'Flesh' is only funny when a Japanese person uses it to describe the condition of their 'Flute' when making a flesh flute sarad.

No.. What I meant was.. I wrote something in the jax... and tagged it as "Flesh", which is my name....

If you happen to see what I wrote, let me know whether you thought it was amusing or down right sad.

'Flesh

"Flesh! AWAW you shaved every one of us..." (Unashamed Queen tribute)

Yes, RHG I knew what you meant, I just couldn't pass up an opportunity to use the word 'flute' in a reply. I think it is the funniest word on the planet. No, no, YOU're a flute etc...

I think 'flesh' is a cool handle and I'd say the chicks in PJ's nightclub in Dunmore really dig it.

'c

I think 'flesh' is a cool handle and I'd say the chicks in PJ's nightclub in Dunmore really dig it.

Your blinding vote of confidence shatters my pelvis!

plus people are always getting it wrong... They're like.. "Cool, you name is Flash?" I'm like, "No.. It's Flesh!" Then they go, "Oh..." cause that's all they can manage, because of the bizarriety (is that a real word?) of my name.

And 'cptr.. good going with the Queen reference, never heard that one before!:rolleyes:

Anyways... Is mise Flesh! Ta ocras orm!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Some of the official works in Fr Burke park on Fr Griffen rd are decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

what about "tome" its every where from schools to the side of the bridge at the train tracks..

lasair wrote:
    what about "tome" its every where from schools to the side of the bridge at the train tracks..

That just looks dodge... it's not even well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭goods

padi89 wrote:

Even the weariest river finds somewhere safe to sea

• Advertisement

goods wrote:
    Even the weariest river finds somewhere safe to sea

What was the one that was there before?

Advertisement