Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant access soccer forum

Options
  • 28-06-2006 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Guys

I cant access the soccer forum. Not sure why exactly I would banned. Can someone help me out? Got no message to say im banned either.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

banned for abuse and stuff

manchester thread.

you got banned along with trilla

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Yeah just logged out and saw it. They are words from a Republic of Loose song, I know Trilla!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

yep, I'm banned too. I know Whersmyjumpa well, just finished playin astro turf with da man...never fell out, especially online. Words of the great Rep of Loose songs "I'm Greedy" and "Na Na Na Na". Apols, but we did nothing wrong!

Trilla wrote:
    yep, I'm banned too. I know Whersmyjumpa well, just finished playin astro turf with da man...never fell out, especially online. Words of the great Rep of Loose songs "I'm Greedy" and "Na Na Na Na". Apols, but we did nothing wrong!

And might I say kind shrew you played quiet a game!

Cheers boss. I dont think we're going to get back into Soccer Forum. I'll know not to quote a line of a song with swear words again there...bit over the top but it is the www. Did you get a PM yet, I havent got a word?

• Advertisement

Tbh ye should both be allowed back in once ye have explained to the mod who banned you what happened.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Tbh ye should both be allowed back in once ye have explained to the mod who banned you what happened.:)

No chance its T4TF, you will prob get some sh*t excuse and when you ask to confirm it then you will get something different, you posted on a Man Utd thread so he prob has a problem with you already, where you not told its the Liverpool Soccer forum???

Just to show how stupid bans are now Pigman II has just been banned for a joke about Italian diving, was in bad taste but not a banning

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Memo to all mods: check with Big Nelly about what's acceptable or otherwise in the boards you moderate before taking any moderating action. Although each of you has been chosen by the owners of the site to take responsibility for those boards, the final arbiter of acceptability is Big Nelly.

Big Nelly, doubtless you'll be happy to explain and defend all your meta-moderation decisions across all boards in myriad feedback threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

eat your broccoli

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    eat your broccoli

Congrats, you are the winner: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054940976:p

You even started the thread!! :p
    oscarBravo wrote:
    Big Nelly, doubtless you'll be happy to explain and defend all your meta-moderation decisions across all boards in myriad feedback threads?

Yes I will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

*clap* *clap*

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Big Nelly wrote:
    Yes I will
    I suppose moderation is easy if your standards are sufficiently low.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Big Nelly wrote:
    No chance its T4TF, you will prob get some sh*t excuse and when you ask to confirm it then you will get something different, you posted on a Man Utd thread so he prob has a problem with you already, where you not told its the Liverpool Soccer forum???

Just to show how stupid bans are now Pigman II has just been banned for a joke about Italian diving, was in bad taste but not a banning

sympathy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I know next time two people get banned for abuse they can club together, pretend that they know one another, that they abused each other as a joke and get their bans lifted. Or perhaps we can adhere to the rules of the forum as stated and leav it at that.

Reckless, well said.

I know next time two people get banned for abuse they can club together, pretend that they know one another, that they abused each other as a joke and get their bans lifted.

Reckless, well said.

As a matter of fact, I went to college with WheresMeJumpa for 4 years, went to school with 2 of his good mates for 5 years. Besides, if you were to look at the buddies list(or what ever its called) you would see we're linked. I'd say more only it would be gettin a bit personal.

Again if you think what we did warrants a banning, thats your call and we gotta respect and except that...but trust me T4TF, I know WmyJumpa very well and was never abusing him or anyone else on that forum. Those words were lyrics from 2 songs by Republic of Loose, granted with bad language and out of context, but they were a line long and in no way meant to be abusive.
    pretend that they know one another

couldn't be more wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

Big Nelly wrote:

He made a joke about a man that is fighting for his life

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    He made a joke about a man that is fighting for his life

Yeah and other mods mentioned how they laughed at it, I pointed out to the poster it was abit out of place but its not worth a banning. You can't even have a joke or be sarcastic in a post anymore in soccer forum without calls for a banning(will not go off on rant like in here before)

Big Nelly wrote:
    Yeah and other mods mentioned how they laughed at it

At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, the fact that posters on the soccer forum moderate other forums means f*ck all. They are ordinary joe soaps when they're posting on the forum.

I've come to da conclusion that no matter how right you think you are, there is no point in complaining or even asking why...I haven't even been informed how long this banning is. Banned for nothin, stupid in my opinion.

Trilla wrote:
    I've come to da conclusion that no matter how right you think you are, there is no point in complaining or even asking why...I haven't even been informed how long this banning is. Banned for nothin, stupid in my opinion.

It would have been easier to log out and read this...

• Advertisement

"And yet it falls under personal abuse. Because nobody bar you and he know the story and whether it is true or not."

It would seem we are being punished for a crime that did not happen.

Verification here...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054953530

If a security guard thinks a customer is stealing, he has the right to approach a customer. But when he discovers the customer has not stolen anything, he cannot punish this customer.

I have never been a problem on the soccer forum. Of which I have been a member for two years id say now. I think its quiet clear this is a misunderstanding and I would be very dissappointed with this site if this banning is to stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Couldn't agree more. Strikes me as a very jobsworth decision to enforce the ban when it's clear that no insult was made or offence taken.

It would have been easier to log out and read this...

thanks for the update.

I think its quiet clear this is a misunderstanding and I would be very dissappointed with this site if this banning is to stand.

I agree WMeJumpa, sorry man for tellin ya Im a fan of Loose!

jumpa, probably best you discuss the issue privately with the relevant mod(s). Same goes for Trilla. An apology for causing a misunderstanding (or words to that effect) would be a good idea.
    Couldn't agree more. Strikes me as a very jobsworth decision to enforce the ban when it's clear that no insult was made or offence taken.

And I doubt thats gonna help.

jumpa, probably best you discuss the issue privately with the relevant mod(s). Same goes for Trilla. An apology for causing a misunderstanding (or words to that effect) would be a good idea.

And I doubt thats gonna help.

I explained it to Thanx for the Fish and his reply is quoted above. I have since aplogised, saying I was totally in the wrong for putting him in that position and he done the right thing for banning but in light of mine and Trillas defence that it was simply a misunderstanding.

I explained it to Thanx for the Fish and his reply is quoted above. I have since aplogised, saying I was totally in the wrong for putting him in that position and he done the right thing for banning but in light of mine and Trillas defence that it was simply a misunderstanding.

OK, but continuing the discussion in public, where myself and all the other 3rd parties can jump in, might not be the best course of action. T4FT ain't the only soccer mod, why not discuss it with them and see if they are of a different opinion?

IMO of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Mods aren't mind readers. They don't know if you're all best buds in real life and that no offence has been intended or taken.

Off-topic posting and in-jokes between mates can ruin threads imo.

I agree with therecklessone, it's probably best to discuss this in private with the mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

The soccer mods are actually decent enough lads and in my opinion if you had pm'd them to explain you might have had a better chance of getting back in. That is if you wanted to get back in. (as opposed to just wanting to give out here)

Fade,

I posted here as I could not access the soccer forum, it never once crossed my mind that I was banned as I have posted there a handful of times in the last two weeks.

I realised I was banned, pm'd T4TF and he said the ban still stood. So I have been discussing it here as I am curious to know how others feel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Ah...you pm'd him first and then started this thread? Well I dunno what to say to ya. Maybe T4TF is just not the understanding type.

Advertisement