Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmakon

• 28-06-2006 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

I did a quick search of the forum there to see if there anyone had written anything about this band but I only found a few "now playing" posts. Anyway, I think they're fantastic! They also have a new album out sometime towards the end of this year hopefully.

I suppose they could be described as a cross between Opeth and at times Primus. I'd really urge anyone who likes Opeth to give them a listen. 3 of their songs are available to download here. "Same" is the shortest track there but it's one of their best in my opinion.

Anyone else like them :confused:

[edit] those links are promo not bootleg, posted up by a bandmember

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, I've got the album A Warm Glimpse. Excellent stuff, and the singer really does give off a very Mikael Akerfeldt vibe, which isn't a bad thing at all.

Haven't listened to them in a while though, so I might see if I can't find the CD and stick it on for a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

have nevered listened to the band farmakon but when i read the thread title i thought you were refering to the doom metal band skepticism and their album farmakon.
    if you like your metal slow and eerie then skepticism are for you.

Advertisement