Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychic & Spiritual Development Circle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 zendzick

Hello. Just googled "development circle", found this topic and spotted an acquaintance. I intend to learn about ceremonial magick and would like to develop my powers of visualisation and sensitivity. Is there still room?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Yep, jump on board!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

sorry for lack of involvement on here guys, unfortunately i just cant seem to slow down enough on the work front to devote any great deal of time to this area and im TRYING!!! dammit man....

I mean....feel free to count me as an interested' guys, but im very uncertain as to how much time i will have in the near future with work being so busy at the moment (architecture).

Good to see interest from others though.... you may get your wish 6th :)

Thats perfectly understandable odonnell, i'm sure when things in work settle down you'll pop right into place ;)

Now we really need to get started on this, especially seeing as we have a fair bit of interest. Maybe a casual meet over drinks some tuesday/wednesday evening in a few weeks (seeing as it will most likely be on one of those nights)?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

Hi guys,
    First post on Boards.ie, really interesting forum here - and made me decide to join-up.

For the last 10 years (nearly) I have thought regular 'spiritual development' classes in stages, the final one being DC's as you refer to them. I think it's great and exciting that a glimmer of this still exists as i find it a dying ability in Ireland - with classes becoming less & less and some individuals teaching this area making it an exercise in revenue generation! I'm being nice!!

I would love to engage or start a thread discussing the merits of DC work and the involvement of the emerging pagan movement...but thats for another time! Right now I'd love to hear what work people are doing out there?

For example - in your development circles do you focus or are general? Psychi/clairvoyant abilities etc???

Looking forward to hearing from you...

Surion.

• Advertisement

Hi Surion, welcome aboard!

Anyway people the latest on this is that I'm waiting to hear back later this week from a venue and hopefully w e can kick this off in a couple of weeks.

Its looking like wednesdays between 8-10pm (not nessecerily 2 hours obviously) and its gonna be city centre based.

Anyone and comments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

6th wrote:
    Hi Surion, welcome aboard!

Anyway people the latest on this is that I'm waiting to hear back later this week from a venue and hopefully w e can kick this off in a couple of weeks.

Its looking like wednesdays between 8-10pm (not nessecerily 2 hours obviously) and its gonna be city centre based.

Anyone and comments?

Well damn! Save me a spot sometime in December, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

Just wanted to wish ye all the best with this, sure it will be informative and a very interesting experience for all involved.

Best of luck guys.

Ok more info on this:

It will 99.9% be on in The Teachers Club, 36 Parnel Square, Dublin 1.

It will 99.9% be on a wednesday night frrom 8.30pm - 10pm (winding down time included).

It will 99.9% be on for initially 8 - 10 wednesdays, weekly.

It will 99.9% starting on Wednesday 4th October

There will be a payment of approximately €7 per class for cover the hire of the room etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I may pop in and see you. I'm normally downstairs in the teachers club at that time, playing with my assorted toy soldiers :D

• Advertisement

ok well there is a social meeting on next Wednesday 4th October in The Teachers Club at 8.30.

I have email adresses for some of you but not all so if people interested could pm me that would be great.

There is also room for more people if anyone currently not on the list is interested or knows someone that is.

Afaik the current people interested are:

6th
    stevenmu
    ladybirdirl
    Sandy2004
    Yechidah
    Zendzick
    Abetarush
    Dr.Darkness
    tj-music.com
    Shinners23
    label

cheers

Mark

*Edit: And if anyone can use their "powahs" to spot hairyheretic he'll buy them a pint!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I can be spotted in the big room, downstairs at the back. Just look for the one with the goatee and a ponytail approaching waist length :)

I don't have a game organised for next week, so I'll likely just be standing around chatting.

Edit - Actually, I won't. For some bizarre reason I forgot that we'd recently moved venues. I'm not that far off though (a few minutes walk) so I might drop by anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭scorplett

6th,
    I am presuming that the meeting on the 4th is to discuss format, mode, method, topic etc... If this is the case can you share the results of what is agreed on the evening so that others can make a decision on if it is for them or not.
    It is important for many people that they know exactley what they are going into...

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Well, thanks 6th for letting me know about this, but I have too much on at the moment and Id be falling asleep doing a 4hour round trip. Quite apart from the fact that (remote viewing or not) I get lost on roundabouts, let alone dublin, city centre driving would be a nightmare. So sad to say, its not for me this time.

Ah, sure theres always Ross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Shinners23

Hi to One and all.

Sorry really interested in takin part in this. Up to my tonsils in exams but any time after 16th Oct.

Keep me posted

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Myself and 6th are going to meet around 8:30 in the teachers club later on if anyone else wants to come along ? (post up here and let us know if you do).

tc.gif

okwell did someone want to tell us that its not a pub type situation and that it wouldnt be open on a sunday night? ... oh foolish us!

we'll (stephen & myself) be in the Oval on Abbey street for the night if anyone wants to join us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

is there anything like this located in limerick city area/

• Advertisement

Sunn wrote:

Not that i know of but that means nothing. It can really hard to find these things but not because people are going out their way to hide them its really just word of mouth.

It was the fact they are so hard to come across that made us start up this on in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭scorplett

Sunn wrote:

http://www.skynet.ie/~pagansoc/
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ClareMoot/

Not exactley a psychic development circle (for both) and not exactley in Limerick (for the Ennis one duh)

These are more moots for people interested in earth-based spirituallities and paganism

Ok below are the dates for this Development Circle with an idea of what the main focus of each meeting will be. We will be giving more detail on these in the next couple of days but just wanted to get them up.

If anyone is interested we will be meeting tonight for a social meet in The Teachers Club, 36 Parnell Sqaure, Dublin at 8.30 - come along if yu've any interest of just want to meet up.

Wednesday 11th October:
    Aura basic & psi-ball

Wednesday 18th October:
    Aura reading & Chakras

Wednesday 25th October:
    Psychometry & Hot objects

Wednesday 1st November:
    Pendelum & Dowsing

Wednesday 8th November:
    Scrying

Wednesday 15th November:
    Psi Activities

Wednesday 22nd November:
    Guest Speaker

Wednesday 29th November:
    Séance & Activities

At the moment we are looking at a cost of €80 for the eight weeks and are putting to together handouts etc. We will be stopping at the end of November and picking up again in the New Year.

cheers

6th

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

scorplett wrote:
    6th,
    I am presuming that the meeting on the 4th is to discuss format, mode, method, topic etc... If this is the case can you share the results of what is agreed on the evening so that others can make a decision on if it is for them or not.
    It is important for many people that they know exactley what they are going into...
    That is exactly what tonights meeting is for, aswell as just getting to know everyone. 6th has posted a basic outline of what we're planning above, but we would hope that everyone who is interested would come along tonight and give their input. Then we'll post up again after tonight and hammer out any more details that need going over (also giving people who can't make tonight the oppertunity to contribute).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

psi-ball ?

You are going to try conduct a seance in the teacher's club ?
    Is that wise ?
    Have you looked into the history of the building, the square and given any tought to the fact it is soooo close to the Rotunda ?
    seriously with all the women who have died in childbirth, roaring or other wise and all the unsucessful births and infants that have failed to thrive over the last 250 years.

Thaedydal wrote:
    psi-ball ?

Very interesting but more on Stevens side of things.
    Thaedydal wrote:
    You are going to try conduct a seance in the teacher's club ?
    Is that wise ?
    Have you looked into the history of the building, the square and given any tought to the fact it is soooo close to the Rotunda ?
    seriously with all the women who have died in childbirth, roaring or other wise and all the unsucessful births and infants that have failed to thrive over the last 250 years.

If this goes ahead it will be as controled a situation as possible. We've purposely left it til the end of the 8 weeks so if anyone is not comfortable with it then it wont go ahead. Its not being done for the sake of it, we believe it is something of genuine interest.

I completely understand you're reservations but please know we will be doing it with the utmost respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Just do your research and be prepared.
    The spirit of an infant that has died during child birth can be very hard to deal with.
    It has undergone the trama of birth and then is not with it's mother at all and has no soothing touch to calm it and can be very confused.

I will research it and then re-research it. The idea is to create a positive and warm atmosphere, and I'll go into this as a dad as much as anything else.

I really appreciate the advice and the warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

Have to say I would agree with Thaed on the seance - for me it's more a personal thing rather than the building being a problem, though obviously that's 100% correct too. My issue would be, can you say at the end of 8 weeks that you would sufficiently trust someone you're doing a course with in order to do a seance.

NOT casting aspersions on anyone in the group - or either of your abilities to lead, just perhaps beyond my limitations at the moment.

Ladybird

• Advertisement

Have to say I would agree with Thaed on the seance - for me it's more a personal thing rather than the building being a problem, though obviously that's 100% correct too. My issue would be, can you say at the end of 8 weeks that you would sufficiently trust someone you're doing a course with in order to do a seance.

NOT casting aspersions on anyone in the group - or either of your abilities to lead, just perhaps beyond my limitations at the moment.

Ladybird

See nothing with this is absolutely definate. Its a Develeopment Circle and not a course so everyone will have imput. If there is not the right atmosphere for a séance or any doubt at all it simply wont happen.

Advertisement