Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tom Tom sat nav - where to buy?

Options
  • 29-06-2006 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

I am trying to buy a 'Tom Tom Go 710' for my car but have been unable to locate any place in Ireland that sells this particular model.

I know Tom tom does not have Irish roads in it but I want it for the Uk and Europe mainly.
    I know there are plenty of online places in the Uk I can buy it but I would prefer to buy it in a shop here as I would feel safer about buying it that way given that at £399 sterling they are hardly a cheap item.
    I am not really interested in any other models as I feel this is the best one for me on a cost/benefit basis.

Any help would be appreciated as I need it fairly urgently. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I am trying to buy a 'Tom Tom Go 710' for my car but have been unable to locate any place in Ireland that sells this particular model.

I know Tom tom does not have Irish roads in it but I want it for the Uk and Europe mainly.
    I know there are plenty of online places in the Uk I can buy it but I would prefer to buy it in a shop here as I would feel safer about buying it that way given that at £399 sterling they are hardly a cheap item.
    I am not really interested in any other models as I feel this is the best one for me on a cost/benefit basis.

Not too sure why an Irish shop would stock this, seeing as it's no good for Ireland?

Expansys.ie are a fairly safe bet to buy online from - link. Failing that, maybe a trip up north may get you one?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

are you sure they dont have Irish roads, i thought they used Navtech Maps :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I just got a Garmin street pilot 111 off ebay for 185 sterling including 30 quid postage and mapsource 8 free from Garmin. I know your not looking for a different model and online is not a preference but while searching ebay their was loads of tomtom's on auction.I wouldn't normally recommend ebay either, I've been stung in the past but it may be worth a look if you have no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

picked up a garmin 310 with UK and Ireland from ic-dvd.com. Lovely piece of kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

turbo wrote:
    are you sure they dont have Irish roads, i thought they used Navtech Maps :confused:

No, they use TeleAtlas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

testicle wrote:
    No, they use TeleAtlas.

ah sugar, i wanted to get one of those

Advertisement