Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

girls do you like rocker clothes and look??

• 29-06-2006 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

here the story with my dress, i am 18, only 5'6 and weigh 60kgs(i am small ok!!!) DONT have long hair i have a 1 at the back and 4 on top.
    i dress like a biker/rocker, my jeans are 2 sizes too big and have patches of 80s rock bands on them like motley crue, stones gNr etc...i have a US military jacket and a leather jacket with all the motobike stuff on it, west coast customs,valvoline etc. i wear boots and skate runners and somtimes nike airmax.so alot of my clothes are customised, just wondering if girls dig this coz my mates dress like fags(no offence ment) pink,baby blue gherro pants the usual unique,topshop special crap.which is more appealing for women coz i need a woman!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

pink,baby blue gherro pants the usual unique,topshop special crap.

Do not give into that kind of garbagewear.

If you want to smarten yourself up with something more stylish, then go for something like a nice silk shirt, preferably black, or a dark colour. Avoid Topshop like the plague! That whole pink shirt craze was nothing but a ridiculous fad that's thankfully on it's way out. If you were to dive into that now, you'd look like a last-ditch bandwagon jumper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, rocker can look good. Better that paint-by-numbers "high street" anyway. Post up pics if you're brave enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

the only birds you'll be attracting dressing like that are rocker birds, who generally apart from a few exceptions are absoloute mingers/losers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

"Rocker" just sends a bad image to my mind. If you can pull off the bad boy look moreso than the "rocker" look then girls will probably be more receptive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

aslong as it's not pink

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

here the story with my dress, i am 18, only 5'6 and weigh 60kgs(i am small ok!!!) DONT have long hair i have a 1 at the back and 4 on top.
    i dress like a biker/rocker, my jeans are 2 sizes too big and have patches of 80s rock bands on them like motley crue, stones gNr etc...i have a US military jacket and a leather jacket with all the motobike stuff on it, west coast customs,valvoline etc. i wear boots and skate runners and somtimes nike airmax.so alot of my clothes are customised, just wondering if girls dig this coz my mates dress like fags(no offence ment) pink,baby blue gherro pants the usual unique,topshop special crap.which is more appealing for women coz i need a woman!!!

You're 18? Ok, well there are millions of girls out there with millions of different tastes in clothes, they dont ALL like the same thing :rolleyes: .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭vannistelrooy10

You're 18? Ok, well there are millions of girls out there with millions of different tastes in clothes, they dont ALL like the same thing :rolleyes: .

well i suppose then my problem is my brain is like google i put in a search and it filters out all the irrelevant crap:D ;)
    and as for the bad boy look i aint no angel but at my size i dunno bout bad boy look??? how would i go about that?? bandana, baseballcap and a pair of ray bans???!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    the only birds you'll be attracting dressing like that are rocker birds, who generally apart from a few exceptions are absoloute mingers/losers
    exactly..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Maybe you should just dress whatever way you want to, and just be confident. Confidence is everything when it comes to dating! If someone isn't willing to accept you for the way you are then are they really worth the bother?

Why do people call women 'birds'? Isn't that an english thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Im more of a fan of individual dress sense than that up to the minute fashion crap , I was recently in River Island and maybe its just me but a lot of the clothes looked very womany or something.

Seriously though like let people take you as they find you , who gives a sh*te what girls in general think of the way you dress , I think itd be pretty sad if you changed everything in your wardrobe purely to find a bird.

Stick a bit of gel in the hair , get yerself some hugo boss and away ya go :) Im a big fan of a nice smelling bloke :) more so than a guy dressed exactly like a manican.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Drummo

SpAcEd OuT wrote:

Completely untrue!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

it's all about trackies and not shaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Heres my 2 cents - pay heed and reap what I sow.

Chicks dig scars man - try to have a nasty [non-fatal] accident.

- I suggest bringing a tray full of pint glasses down a dimly lit stairs while blind-folded & on your unicycle.

You'll soon have more wet pussy than a monsoon stricken cat sanctuary....

Raiser.

thanks people for the feedback i am the kinda person who doesnt give a f'uck what people think of me or what i say, but as they say 1st impressions are everything so i dont want to be written off as a emo/goth or depressed, i am none of them!!! and as for the bad smell, sure i wear cool water by davidoff and ladies like this or is it female repellant, also anybody know a club to meet a non airhead/faker than barbie doll girl??where do they hang out??also a club that doesnt play rap and rnb and pop coz i dont like being musically assuaulted i mean "nigga*, cap in yo ass " a ripped off beat and there ya go rap in a nutshell!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    thats a harsh generalisation!

The OP has quite a nice dress sense, IMO. I'm sure he'll find a gal who'll appreciate it.

Nightwish wrote:
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    thats a harsh generalisation!

Yeah! You should post pics of yourself to prove him wrong. ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

nekkid ones!

It's not my styles OP, but it's the next best thing. ;)

Don't dress like the 'fags'. (:

Yeah! You should post pics of yourself to prove him wrong. ;)
    my pics are in know your nerds, along with your fine pics, Mr Hungus. btw you look kinda like a hairy Ben Moody...sorry thats probably insulting.:o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

He started a thread about looking like him actually. It descended into a 'do you look like avril lavigne' thread, in which you posted a picture of avril and people demanded pics of you. I remember it well!

EDIT: I remember wrong, it was shawn lane. :(

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3012040&postcount=15
    I feel your angst on that thread.
    ahem

You really do lok like shawn btw.

Nightwish wrote:
    my pics are in know your nerds, along with your fine pics, Mr Hungus. btw you look kinda like a hairy Ben Moody...sorry thats probably insulting.:o

Hmm... No, I see what you're getting at. There's a resemblance there. Though I have been told I like rather like a thinner Shawn Lane.

Haha, got there before me, Tar. ;)

• Advertisement

oh yeah I remember that thread from last year!

Also, you lie! I find no pic of you in Know Your Nerds.

talkin about a tangent......

Pff! There's two of her you n00b!
    NIce japanese link in Ah :D

talkin about a tangent......
    TarInSpar wrote:
    Pff! There's two of her you n00b!

ditto

Nightwish wrote:
    ditto

in simple english tangent means going off course:D :D i dunno wha the hell yer on about!!!

in simple english tangent means going off course:D :D i dunno wha the hell yer on about!!!
    ditto, in english means I concur with you, so I dunno what the hell you're on about :p

Nightwish wrote:
    ditto, in english means I concur with you, so I dunno what the hell you're on about :p

must be the hour and i have work in the morning ah well......
    just had a funny idea, ya know the ads on mtv at night that send pics of girls to your fone ,itd be gas if they sent a pic of some aul bag goin ta mass!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Raiser wrote:
    You'll soon have more wet pussy than a monsoon stricken cat sanctuary....
    LOL brilliant! I'll have to steal that

I remember about 2 years ago, I wandered into a D2 shop to get some threads and I noticed an awfull lot of pink, yellow and baby blue in the place so I left wondering when D2 started catering for gals, I took this up with the oul wan and she said pink is 'in' for lads now, I said "**** that, Hell will freeze over before you catch me in pink clothes!" I never shopped in D2 again and have not worn as much as a pink rose on my lapel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

T-Shirt, Jeans and a Les Paul, the ultimate accessory. Playing optional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Giblet wrote:
    T-Shirt, Jeans and a Les Paul, the ultimate accessory. Playing optional. terms and conditions apply
    you seemed to be taking that route

Giblet wrote:
    T-Shirt, Jeans and a Les Paul, the ultimate accessory. Playing optional.

what is a Les paul??? and 8/10 for chinese democracy:D :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

thanks people for the feedback i am the kinda person who doesnt give a f'uck what people think of me or what i say, but as they say 1st impressions are everything so i dont want to be written off as a emo/goth or depressed, i am none of them!!! and as for the bad smell, sure i wear cool water by davidoff and ladies like this or is it female repellant, also anybody know a club to meet a non airhead/faker than barbie doll girl??where do they hang out??also a club that doesnt play rap and rnb and pop coz i dont like being musically assuaulted i mean "nigga*, cap in yo ass " a ripped off beat and there ya go rap in a nutshell!!!

how can u say u dont care wat ppl think then say u dont want to give off a bad 1st impression?! i must agree wit the statement that rock attracts rock and im afraid rocker girls are awful.

u gotta choose man: the image or the girls!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

what is a Les paul??? :D

its a guitar. how can a 'rocker' not know that. i scream FAKE!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

what is a Les paul??? and 8/10 for chinese democracy:D :D
    it's a guitar, think slash, or jimmy page and you've got it.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote:
    its a guitar. how can a 'rocker' not know that. i scream FAKE!!!
    i never said i was!!!! i just dress like one and listen to metal!!!il leave playin ta slash and mick mars!!!

Advertisement