Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*Spoiler* ECW on sci-fi 27/06/06

• 29-06-2006 5:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Well I've just finished watching this weeks ECW show and again it was slight improvement on the previous weeks installment. The sabu, roadkill match was entertaining and the RVD, Angle match, although slow at first, turned out to be a bit of a classic. But I must say, it pretty much followed last weeks formula what with Sandman canning another randomer, the vampires appearance outside the building and kelly's expose. Speaking of which, she's really startin' to do my head in! Come on Sabu, do an arabian face buster on her through the table! The fans were a bit better though with a few ECW chants here and there but what really annoyed me was the 'we want Cena' chant at the start of the main event.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

It's good to see the show improving, I thought this weeks show was pretty decent considering it's only week 3. It's good to see they are starting to tidy up some of the loose ends. I would like to see some sort of progress with the Sandman's storyline though - where's that going? Also, do something with the Vampire PLEASE! Three weeks of that is enough too. I agree Kelly is a waste of space but she had one hell of a camel toe on her :D Mike Knox looks like he's got some potential so I'd like to see more of him. The Sabu - Roadkill match was a good way to open the show (Damn that looked sore when Sabu cut his arm on the table!) I enjoyed the RVD - Angle match too. I was quite surprised by the result though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

...but what really annoyed me was the 'we want Cena' chant at the start of the main event.

I agree. That ruined the main event for me and it further confirms the need for the WWE to target ECW fans instead of these young fans.

If the retards don't want to watch an ECW show then they should piss off home and listen to their John Cena CDs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Hence the reason it needs to be taken away to their own smaller arenas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I agree. That ruined the main event for me and it further confirms the need for the WWE to target ECW fans instead of these young fans.

Thats the problem though. The ECW of 5 years ago did n't survive with that fan base and would n't survive now. It has to appeal to a broader fanbase to make it as successful as possible.

My take on it is that Vince does not want to re-create the ECW of 5 years ago. He wants to create a further brand and to give it momentum is really just using the initials ECW and a few of their past stars. In 6 months time it'll be interesting to see ECW's roster.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

My take on it is that Vince does not want to re-create the ECW of 5 years ago. He wants to create a further brand and to give it momentum is really just using the initials ECW and a few of their past stars. In 6 months time it'll be interesting to see ECW's roster.

you've got a point here after all Test is now a ECW wrestler, though i suppose the important thing about ECW is the type of Extreme matches which can take place and they will still be happening but now prehaps we will get to see how Extreme new ECW rostered wrestlers can be such as Kurt Angle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The news is that Kurt's going to have to take an extended break soon: http://www.impactwrestling.com/Content.aspx?ID=7937
    Kurt Angle is currently scheduled to take a hiatus from WWE very soon as he was overheard telling many wrestlers at recent TV and PPV tapings this past week that he would be doing so. Although it was initially believed to be related to nagging injuries for his time off, others have said that Angle wants to deal with some personal issues as well.

It's a pity, but hopefully they decide to push some ECW guys as more than jobbers while he's gone. Very unlikely though..

Advertisement